motorcycles, who here rides one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobthebiker

Reaction score
sitting here bored at home and depressed cause mine needs a head gasket I have to order and install. ugh.

so who all here rides motorcycles and what do you have? I've got an 87 CBR600F.

I really hate working on my own bike these days, but at the same time I wont trust my cycle to ANYONE but me. and I do mean that too.

I have an 85 VN700. Currently down for a stator change.

I haven't had my 2 wheeled therapy in about a month... I'm going crazy(er). Normally a year round rider.

2004 Honda Shadow Aero Ace Classic.

I put nearly 8k miles on it the first 2 years and then there was infant. Now a days it sits in my garage all sad and depressed.

At best, I get to fire it up and let it run about once a week.

2261626979_48935d7681.jpg

1998 Harley RoadKing. It's waiting patiently for the weather to return and allow for riding.

Anyone interested in a Power Commander for a Honda CBR600? We have a brand new one unused in the original box available and would be interested in making a swap for some goods or a straight up sale.

Interested? PM me for more details.

Salute! :mug:

'94 Honda Magna. My first rule about riding is that I never drink while riding....so I gave up riding! Well, that and a degenerative eye disease that makes it difficult to drive at night. It's sitting in the garage and not driven in 3 years so need to haul it to the mechanic and have it tuned up before riding again.

hmmmm, riding may not be the right term but I have about 3/4 of a an '81 Harley FXE in my garage that I have been collecting parts for. Kinda like the Johnny Cash song I have been adding one part at a time for years... My wife loves to give me crap about it and suggests I go sit on the rolling chassis in the garage and "make Vroom, vroom noises." I'm not sure what I'll do if I ever finish it...

'92 Nighthawk 750. Over 60k miles. No riding now, too cold and there's gravel and sand all over the roads until spring here.

I loved those bikes. I ended up buying a 2005 919, though. Apparently I had money at the time. You can kinda see it in this pic of my stove:

IMG_1026.jpg

hmmmm, riding may not be the right term but I have about 3/4 of a an '81 Harley FXE in my garage that I have been collecting parts for. Kinda like the Johnny Cash song I have been adding one part at a time for years... My wife loves to give me crap about it and suggests I go sit on the rolling chassis in the garage and "make Vroom, vroom noises." I'm not sure what I'll do if I ever finish it...

Sell it and buy an 82' chassis.

I've been enjoying the dual sports the last couple of years. I like getting off the beaten path, far from the watchful eye of the man. I have a KLX250 with knobs, & a DR650 with street tires. I like to tour, I've been as far NE as Meat Cove Nova Scotia & as far SW as the Grand Canyon. I rode the DR to Maine this year, trucked the KLX to the UP of Michigan, rode around for 4 days...

Bikes I've owned in the past- 74' CB200,93' FZR600, 78' GS1000, 85' XR600R, 01' FZ1, 99' KLR650.

sitting here bored at home and depressed cause mine needs a head gasket I have to order and install. ugh.

so who all here rides motorcycles and what do you have? I've got an 87 CBR600F.

I really hate working on my own bike these days, but at the same time I wont trust my cycle to ANYONE but me. and I do mean that too.

I had one of these back in the day

cbr6hurricane.jpg

then one of these (a friend wrecked the other one and bought me this one)

Hurricane.jpg

Bikeless now, but hopefully not forever!

I had one of these back in the day

cbr6hurricane.jpg

then one of these (a friend wrecked the other one and bought me this one)

Hurricane.jpg

Bikeless now, but hopefully not forever!

I hear ya. I'm gonna sell my Hurricane soon because I'm tired of ALWAYS working on it. gonna get an F3 in its place and call it a day.

sold my '96 suzuki intruder 800 when SWMBO had the baby. awwww.

got a little chinese moped now. looks retro (vespaish), rides good, keeps up with traffic.

I keed, I keed I love the Vespa. Coolest thing I ever saw was a Vespa with a sidecar.

Yeah, it's kind of a goofy ride, but it's a lot of fun. I'd get into trouble with anything faster. I've done some performance work on it, and I can beat street bikes off the line, up to about 45. Power wheelies all the way into 3rd. I've ridden with sidecars and I hate it. You can't lean to corner on the sidecar side.

Just joined a few weeks ago.

Here is the love of my life, my 1993 FZR 600.

I wish I could find a before and after photo, here is a small story of what I've done: New airtech r1 race tail, i fiberglassed the undertail and molded a yamaha r6 tail light in there, swapped out the 93 upper and replaced it with the single headlight upper style from years 91/92. Newer engine that I painted. And the rearsets are custom made from china from aluminum, from a FZR enthusiast. Only 10 sets made in the entire world. 2006 yamaha r6 exhaust with custom made exhaust (it was a *****!)

anyways, here it is.

bike99151.jpg

Guess I should have included pics...

My current ride, gets a stator change as soon as the roads are clear enough for me to ride her to salem so that I can use my dads garage...
IMG_6987.jpg

Yes... those are ammo cans...

here are mine

02 Springer with Hillside 113 CI kit well its still sitting in the crate and the bike is all apart in my garage 03 fatboy and you can make out the tail of the 04 Buell XB12R in the garage. I want the 1125R badly.

springer2.jpg

2005 Suzuki C50 Boulevard. Had it for 6 months now. Fairly stock except for new rear signals and a SportTech windscreen. The windscreen does help when it's cold out. 37F for 27 miles is my record low.

Hey there, fellow C50 riders, good buddies, old pals (enough butter?) With your bike parked on the kickstand, forks turned all the way to the left so they are locked, how much room is there between your head light/turn signal/horn switch and gas tank? On mine it is 1 inch maximum and 1/2 inch minimum.

I have a 1987 Kawasaki KLR250 Off/On road that I bought new and still own. I have owned this bike the longest out of any and I will always have it. Love riding dualsport. That being said, she needs company. Something a little more comfortable on the highway. I had my sights on a Roadking but with a three year old and a baby on the way and building a new house SWMBO would kill me if I tried to drop that $. If I could pick up a nice used vstar or boulevard that would be nice. How do you vstar and boulevard owners like your ride?

The C50 (803cc) is my first and only motorcycle. I love it.

Smooth predictable power and enough of it to do 70+mph with ease. Been up to only 90mph so far though. Shifts smoothly. Doesn't vibrate much at all. Quite compared to Harley Davidson (nothing against HD, just that we all know their unique loud sound). Well balanced and easy to turn. Rear mono shock is easy to get at without tools and is 7 click adjustable (that requires a tool). At 4 is was nice. 7 is plenty stiff enough.

The forward foot controls, heel toe shifter, floor boards and over sized brake pedal are luxurious and come stock. Handle bar controls all placed right. At 5'8" I can flat foot while seated. The tank mounted instrument panel does make me move my head down slightly to read it, with a full face modular helmet on.

MPG is 43-50, depending on how aggressive I ride. The windscreen seems to have taken 2-3 mpg off.

Haven't done much 2 up yet.

The Boulevards do have one little flaw. The CHEC likes to display on the LCD. Especially at ambient temps over 90F and mostly in 2004 models. My 2005 does it intermittently. Quite a few riders have reported this and dealerships are hit and miss in their cooperation to fix it. Most report it's an interference issue of some sort requiring a wire to be re-routed. I have not found any reports of it being a serious problem or affecting performance at all. It's just annoying. The CHEC never stays on more than 1 minute and in 3 trips to the dealer we could not get it to do it at all.

Definitely like the shadow, nice work :mug:

Here is my old ride, damn kids
636.jpg

Here is my latest toy...
track.jpg

2932640-4.jpg

I'm not usually much of a cruiser kinda guy, but that thing looks bada$$. nice work!

Nice job, that's a beauty. Here's my ride, a 98 Heritage Springer

Definitely like the shadow, nice work :mug:

Thanks yall. It was my money pit before I got into brewing on my own. Its still another money pit, but it seems I give it more attention when the temp is well above freezing.

here is a before and after of the the rake on the front

sbs.jpg

before and after of the Harley style wheel/disc brake conversion

sidebyside.jpg

I put a 21" on the front so it wouldnt look like a bicycle.

Back