Scotland Beer Haul...BrewDog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
Just got back from a Scotland trip. Here is my haul and amazingly no broken soldiers.
IMG_1550.JPG

The most amazing part of the trip was my visit to the BrewDog brewery.
IMG_1552.JPG

Those guys are awesome. They gave me 18 beers and 6 glasses. Unfortunately I couldn't get it all home, so had to give a bunch away to Scotland friends. BrewDog is really turning the Scottish beer scene on it head. They are not only doing amazing things like oak aging with Strawberries but they keep getting in trouble for labels and strong beers. I highly recommend the beers and they do export some to the States, so grab them up of you see them in the store.

I went to Scotland and Ireland for my honeymoon in 2006. I shipped multiple packages home and brought quite a few bottles home in carry-on. Scotch and Whisky are fantastic but in the last 2 years I learned to appreciate beer. I wish I had looked for what you have above while I was there...Maybe I'll get another chance to go...

:tank:

Nice Haul! I don't see any Jacobite!

Funny how you can buy spirits, but an 8% beer or a name like Skull Splitter is "bad for the public health".

Where is Brew Dog?

BrewDog is in Fraserburgh which is about 40 miles north of Aberdeen or the northeast corner of the country. Brewdog reminds me a lot of Stone. There labels say similar things to that of the Arrogant Bastard like, "you are not sophisticated enough for this beer".

Believe it or not, but I can get Jacobite at my local specialty shop in Montana so I didn't bother to haul it over. Last time I was in Scotland I did pick up there limited 900 year anniversary beer. 1107 to 2007. Unbelievable.

Maybe i'll have to grab some of the Brew Dog beers. I've seen a few of them at my local liqour store.

Back