What's Brewing This Week(end)? (5/15-21

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd start out a new thread for this week.....seeing I'm brewing right now.

I have a batch of LWPA going--same recipe as the one that went to the NHBC judging. First time I've not changed up the recipe somewhat in the 6 times I've brewed it.

So far I am getting ready to sparge. Hope it isn't as fun as my last sparge.

On another note--I bought a new mashtun yesterday. 10 gallon orange rubbermaid! Now I can do some pretty big beers, or 10 gallon batches whenever I please. I still have to decide what kind of manifiold I am going to go with--thinking about getting the same set-up SwAMi has in his, but that set-up is kind of expensive, IMHO. I might just see if it works with the stainless braid that I do in my other MLT, that has worked wonderfully for me.

I'm heading to the mountains for some camping and mountain biking. However, I am trying to culture yeast from a bottle of La Maudite and if I'm successful I'll probably be brewing Monday or Tuesday.

Not brewing this weekend: 24th Annual Oregon Homebrew Fest This year, I'm taking the RV and the greyhounds, so I can enjoy the Fest instead for working setup 8-4 and getting too tired to enjoy the party. This way, I can take a nap, feed & walk the dogs, then enjoy the fest.

Im trying to decide right now what to brew. Ive got an english ipa im gonna drop to the secondary tonight. i should be getting my 10 g kettle tommorow, so i cant wait to break it in. I think im gonna do one more batch with my zap-pap mash system. I got my income tax check yesterday, and im eyeballing Northern brewer's 2X10 gallon rubbermaid mash/lauter system.

im thinking of just doing an apa using amirillo and simcoe hops and the safe56 dry yeast.

Nothing! My orders just came through, I'm heading to Tanzania via London on Friday night. I'll be gone for five weeks, so I hope there is an internet connection there.

:O

Bjorn Borg said:
I got my income tax check yesterday, and im eyeballing Northern brewer's 2X10 gallon rubbermaid mash/lauter system.

That system is very similar to what SwAMi has. Definitely cannot go wrong with that, IMHO.

I'm thinking about a Honey ale,never done one so in might be an adventure. I've got just enough grain left to do one.

Bjorn Borg said:
I got my income tax check yesterday, and im eyeballing Northern brewer's 2X10 gallon rubbermaid mash/lauter system.

Bjorn, you might check this one out: http://www.homebrewadventures.com/shopping/index.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=homebrew&Product_Code=SYS.MS.C

It has a plastic false bottom and plastic valves. Besides the price, those are the only differences I can see between it and the NB setup. Plus, it ships from NC.

It came down between those two for me, and I decided to go with the cheaper one. It works like a champ, but I would like to upgrade it to ball valves. The plastic false bottom with a mash pad works really well.

Im going to be making another Light Ale for SWMBO and friends. Hey.....if I can keep them away from BMC for a week or so, then Im all for it. Plus its getting hot......real hot, and a lighter beer is sounding pretty good.

Nothing this weekend. I need to give it a rest; I've been brewing every weekend for the past four weekends in a row!:eek: I've run out of secondary fermenters!

I will be bottling the Imperial Hellfire Thursday night and helping my girlfriend bottle her Blueberry Ale on Saturday. After that, we'll both be enjoying some homebrews and a growler of beer from Flossmoor Station.:mug:

Chairman Cheyco said:
Nothing! My orders just came through, I'm heading to Tanzania via London on Friday night. I'll be gone for five weeks, so I hope there is an internet connection there.

:O

That is a long time without homebrew. Your stuff will be well conditioned when you get back!

beerlover84 said:
That is a long time without homebrew. Your stuff will be well conditioned when you get back!

Yeah, I think I heard my beer breathe a sigh of relief when I got off the phone and told SWMBO!
I'll be well conditioned as well, because where I'm going is a dry operation. I'll be a cheap drunk when I get back. :drunk:

Back