No more hop shortage here...ebay score! - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > No more hop shortage here...ebay score!
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 12-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #21
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun
Liked 327 Times on 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilserbrewer View Post
Yea I realize there is risk involved...the pics show the bags nicely vac packed in the mylar bags so we will see??

My LHBS gets 2.75 / oz. At those prices and quantities, when i buy there it reminds me of my younger days buying bags in the back woods hah!

Maybe i'm lucky, I've bought a boat load of various stuff on ebay and never been disappointed.

Mike
I believe you are lucky, since I have not received my eBay order, I had to spend $18 for 4oz of hops this weekend at the LHBS, yep they charge $4.50/oz.

I am finding a lot of reasons to not support my local place and this one of them.

Also, it has now been over 2 weeks since I paid for the hops purchased on eBay and no sign of any on its way.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #22
nosmatt
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Bass Lake, Ca
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humann_brewing View Post
I believe you are lucky, since I have not received my eBay order, I had to spend $18 for 4oz of hops this weekend at the LHBS, yep they charge $4.50/oz.

I am finding a lot of reasons to not support my local place and this one of them.

Also, it has now been over 2 weeks since I paid for the hops purchased on eBay and no sign of any on its way.
LOL

look at my post above.

same LHBS i presume...is there another one in fresno?

Old 12-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #23
nosmatt
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Bass Lake, Ca
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

and another thought.... for hops, try some different online sources.
Freshops is 2 bucks an ounce, and thipping is not bad

Old 12-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #24
humann_brewing
More Humann than human

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmatt View Post
LOL

look at my post above.

same LHBS i presume...is there another one in fresno?
Yeah, that is the place. I did ask them about bulk grain and said they sold 50lb bags of 2-row for $50. So if you consider shipping into the equation that is close to the same as order from B3 for our area.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #25
nosmatt
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Bass Lake, Ca
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

maybe we could go in on a bag? would be a while for me, i have a few things i need to buy first...a chiller, and grain mill... as well as another big ass pot, and another burner. i want to move into the garage.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #26
humann_brewing
More Humann than human

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmatt View Post
maybe we could go in on a bag? would be a while for me, i have a few things i need to buy first...a chiller, and grain mill... as well as another big ass pot, and another burner. i want to move into the garage.
Yeah, I need a few things first too.... like a grain mill. I asked for one for Christmas, but doubt I will get it, so I may be buying one next month. But I still don't know if I will go bulk because I don't have a good place to store it.

I think I might try ordering from midwest because their prices are pretty good when you buy 10lbs at a time.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #27
eschatz

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Terre Haute, IN
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts

Yeah, I wont buy hops from e-bay for fear of the hop cheese (similar to frumunda!)

What's tappening? :D

Old 01-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #28
humann_brewing
More Humann than human

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschatz View Post
Yeah, I wont buy hops from e-bay for fear of the hop cheese (similar to frumunda!)
Yep, I think I have given up all hope on getting my order from sunburst66, it is time to contact paypal. It has been a full month and no hops or response from seller. His percentage has gone down to 67% because of all this recent activity so it looks like others had the same problem.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #29
mkling
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humann_brewing View Post
Yep, I think I have given up all hope on getting my order from sunburst66, it is time to contact paypal. It has been a full month and no hops or response from seller. His percentage has gone down to 67% because of all this recent activity so it looks like others had the same problem.

Contact PayPal fast. After 45 days they will no longer act on a problem.

sunburst66 didn't send 1 of my 3 packs of hops. I tried to get PayPal to take care of it but too much time had elapsed. I'm now trying through my credit card.
Recently Kicked Kegs: Fresh Hop Pale Ale, Citra Rye IPA
On Deck: Old Rasputin, Northstar IPA, Ur-bock Dunkel

Old 01-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #30
humann_brewing
More Humann than human

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkling View Post
Contact PayPal fast. After 45 days they will no longer act on a problem.

sunburst66 didn't send 1 of my 3 packs of hops. I tried to get PayPal to take care of it but too much time had elapsed. I'm now trying through my credit card.
Yeah, I started one up with Paypal. Looks like he is no longer an eBay member too.

I don't know what happened to this guy, but just fell off the face of the earth or what.