Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Love controller temp

Old 12-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
TheProph3t
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Love controller temp

So... hooked it up Love controller EW-93520-00 (Cole-Parmer) to my fridge based on this specifications

and I can't get a proper reading on my carboy. I've tried duct taping the sensor with painters tape, packing tape, duck tape even tried taping it first then surronding it with insulation still nothing accurate. I have set d0 to cool.. not sure what to do...

Old 12-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Displaced MassHole
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

You could get a much morew accurate reading from inside the carboy rather than on the outside.

6.5 Gallon Hood Thermowell | MoreBeer

Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
TheProph3t
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced MassHole View Post
You could get a much morew accurate reading from inside the carboy rather than on the outside.

6.5 Gallon Hood Thermowell | MoreBeer
yeah I know, however a few post refer to taping the sensor to the side... I dunno

Edit: will this work for love controller also?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I don't really understand your question... the LOVE is working properly but it providing you with an incorrect or inaccurate temperature reading? How do you know it is inaccurate? While the taped to the side method may not be as accurate as the thermowell, it will be very close.

Your diagram looks fine, I would connect the hot wire to terminal 10 and run the wire to the fridge out of 11, but what you have should be fine.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #5
missing link
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I want to say it is wired wrong. Look in the equipment section of this site and there is a proper wiring diagram.

Linc
Tap#1 = Beer
Tap#2 = Beer

THey change to often to keep up with the Sig.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
TheProph3t
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
I don't really understand your question... the LOVE is working properly but it providing you with an incorrect or inaccurate temperature reading? How do you know it is inaccurate? While the taped to the side method may not be as accurate as the thermowell, it will be very close.

Your diagram looks fine, I would connect the hot wire to terminal 10 and run the wire to the fridge out of 11, but what you have should be fine.
Thats the thing... I set the SP to 68. I wanted to test run it so I put water into the carboy... with a thermometer the water was reading 80.

Other than the that, it properly regulates it (based on holding the sensor) and turns on and off at SP. Just not sure if there is another method with the controller to get better results....

Old 12-16-2008, 03:28 AM   #7
Yunus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProph3t View Post
Thats the thing... I set the SP to 68. I wanted to test run it so I put water into the carboy... with a thermometer the water was reading 80.

Other than the that, it properly regulates it (based on holding the sensor) and turns on and off at SP. Just not sure if there is another method with the controller to get better results....
There are a few settings you can adjust like min and max times your compressor turns on for but how long did you leave the carboy in there and how big is your freezer? It is a freezer right? Love can't take the temperature below what your equipment will do and it might take a while to cool down so much liquid.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #8
TheProph3t
Recipes 

Bought a new thermometer that was the problem.... thanks for everyone's help.

Does the thermowell work for the love controller also (from cole-parmer)?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #9
BrewVegas
Recipes 

Do you know how to set the max temperature on that controller. I lost the directions and can't get it set past 150degrees.

Thanks...