Well...I finally got to brew with the converted Keg yesterday. I did the Imperial IPA and did a full 5 gallon boil. Lots of hops so my wife was happy I did it outside.
It started out when I saw that the bag of dry malt had fallen onto an old co2 tank and punctured. Luckily I didn't lose much.
ANYWAY....I put my bazooka tube on so I could minimize the crap going through the spigot, and then got going. Took forever to boil. Then, the wort chiller didn't sit fully immersed because of the tube. AFter that, pouring the wort into the fermenter was a slow process because the tube was gunking up and because...the worst part...the damn spigot is a little bit too high. (I'll be tilting to get the rest of the beer out.)
So...after all the precautions I just had to siphon the damn beer into the bucket. Pretty chunky stuff and who knows how it's going to come out. Should be interesting.....