Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Wireless Video/Audio Transmitter

Old 12-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #11
jcarson83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

That's absolutely hilarious. I'm just speechless about the x10 site.

OP, I've had some experience with wireless A/V transmitters and its not good. On a consumer level they just aren't good enough audio or video quality for my taste. I've had lots of interference with the ones I've used and its just not worth the $100 or so you spend on it. That was several years ago but I don't think the technology on the lower end models has really changed that much.

I just priced a wireless security system for work that included a DVR and 8 or so 802.11 cameras and it was around 6-7k. It was nice because you could access the DVR through the internet but hardly worth the money for my application. The tech I talked to strongly recommended against the wireless because he had had so many problems with it over short distances.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:34 AM   #12
RobbiWilliams
Recipes 

Sorry for your pain experience, Hope you will overcome these difficulty!
Just come across this site fmheroes.com, all kinds of fm transmitter there, you can go and have a reference. I am not proficient in this area, but still hope I helped!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 764 Times on 558 Posts
Likes Given: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarson83 View Post
OP, I've had some experience with wireless A/V transmitters and its not good. On a consumer level they just aren't good enough audio or video quality . . .
Ended up running a HDMI cable for HD quality audio and video, but still use the IR remote to chance the stations.

Robbi. Nice thread revival and nice first post on a beer forum.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #14
BeerWars
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, I hate Comcast. Their internet is AWESOME - BUT our bill fluctuates and continues to get bigger and bigger despite the fact that we have very limited channel selection. It is nice getting 1 bill.

Can't get Uverse of Verizon Fios (which is awesome). Wouldn't mind a dishnetwork but we plan on moving. Although the more I think about it - the more I want to get it.