Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > "Old" Grains?

Old 12-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #11
Pelikan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
I have 3 and 4 year old malt that still makes a damn fine brew. I made a 10 gallon batch at the shop on Teach a Friend to Brew day with nothing but 3 year old grain and the sample at bottling was delicious. That said I had some 6 year old wheat that tasted nasty and I had to pitch it.
I've heard a number of cases where malt is good after an extended time, so my vote goes to giving it a try.

And Chupacabras: Mein leben!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:35 AM   #12
kinger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Thanks for the suggestions. None of it has been crushed as of yet. I'll take your advice and taste it...if it tastes good, I'm brewing this weekend.

I took the hiatus from brewing and focused on wine for something different. My wife is more of a wino than a beer guzzler, and I've got access to some excellent grapes here in central NY. Now that I've got my wine cellar stocked, its back to the brewing!