Brewed this beer today and here is what I did, I left all quantities as is except for the "quick" chocolate powder where I cut down to 5 ounces instead of 8, I also made a 6.08 batch that had a 9.5 gallon pre boil, my readings were 1.040 for pre boil and 1.060 for after boil with beersmith set at 75% effecency... It looks pretty darn good tastes ok for the test tube reading samples
I plan to let it go in the primary for 30 days then dry hop the mint in the keg
I'll keep you posted...
P.S: My coco powder didn't stick everywhere like others said, I took out my chiller that was sanitizing in the wort and added the powder it disolved very well disn't even need the spoon
Didn't taste or smell the chocolate powder in the wort thow, it tastes normal malty harsh hoppy wort... Hope to see good results