HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - This is it - Final Weekend to Enter!

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off - Final Weekend!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > What fittings will I need to go from sankey to ball lock?
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 107
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default What fittings will I need to go from sankey to ball lock?

I snagged a free kegerator (converted standard fridge) on Craigslist. The fridge didn't work, but I got a CO2 tank, regulator, ball tap, door mount faucet, and the associated hosing.

Then I snagged a free working fridge on Craigslist.

To start, it seems that getting things converted will consist of putting a hole in the fridge door to accomodate the faucet.

What sort of fittings will I need to make everything compatible with a ball lock corny? Is this going to be trickier than I think?
tomwirsing is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 102
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts


Not at all. Ditch the old hose and get some new hose, it's cheap and you'll know it's clean. All you will need is the ball lock fittings to hook up the keg and to your faucet and gas regulator. A study of any "kegging kit" from one of the on-line homebrew retailers will give a nice breakdown of what would be needed in the kit and you will see you have almost all of it in your hands. (KEGGING EQUIPMENT @ Williams Brewing) If you have a Local Homebrew shop. Take in your equipment and let them know you want to buy the hose and a couple fittings from them and they should be more than happy to help you (maybe buy some ingredients too while your there.)

I know there are also lots of threads regarding your topic in the Bottling and Kegging Forum on HBT. Congrats on your find.
mZnthebend is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,886
Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 9


I would get the ball lock fittings with 1/4" MFL connections rather than hose barbs then get the MFL adapters for the sankey tap so you have an easy way to switch between a commercial and homebrew keg. Basically this kit from williams brewing + hoses.
camiller is offline
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barbed or threaded ball lock fittings? RGH Bottling/Kegging 24 03-25-2009 07:00 PM
Can you switch out Pin Lock Post with Ball Lock Posts? redneckbeagle Bottling/Kegging 5 11-18-2008 05:22 AM
unconnected ball lock gas fittings... will they hold pressure? miatawnt2b Bottling/Kegging 2 11-18-2007 02:59 PM
gas in ball lock, liquid out ball lock differnt? jblewis Bottling/Kegging 1 04-01-2007 03:05 AM
ball lock fittings roryspa Bottling/Kegging 13 03-06-2007 01:02 PM

Forum Jump

Newest Threads