Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
So I've got my 2nd keg sitting on gas right now. My IPA was at 58F when I transfered to the keg. It's set at 11psi at 40F which should give me about 2.4vols of CO2. Now the questions..
1) at my current temp and pressure it should take about 2 weeks to fully
2) I've also heard of setting at 30psi for 24-48 hours then adjusting to serving
pressure. Should I be worried about beer getting into my gas lines or
3) Would check valves protect my regulator from beer getting into it?
4) Does it take about a week to carb with the 30psi method?
5) I really should take a Valium shouldn't I?
1) About that, once the keg reaches temp
2) If you do that method you disconnect the CO2, purge the keg, set the regulator to serving pressure, then reconnect, so no.
3) If you don't do 2, or you put the gas line to the beer out then yes, a check valve would prevent that
4) No, a week at 30psi and at temp will usually overcarb your beer, 2-3 days is enough
5) If your freaking out, then yes, or RDWHAHB