Holiday Suicides...a mini rant - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Holiday Suicides...a mini rant

Old 12-07-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

They say that there are the most suicides at the Christmas holiday time. They say it's due to lonelyness and depresion...but ya know what? It's due to the f-ing christmas music!!!!!! You can't escape the ****! It's all over the tv, the radio. You take a step into a shopping complex and they are playing it over the loud speakers, you go to a store, same thing!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting at work right now and we can't turn down, off, change the station, or shoot the speakers..........I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER MOMENT OF CHESTNUTS ROASTING OVER AND OPEN FIRE!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Displaced MassHole
Recipes 

May 2008
San Diego
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Amen! I cant stand listening to it when I'm shopping. I cant imagine having to listen to it all day long. Do yourself a favor and lock up all your guns and knives until after the 1st of the year.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 337 Times on 169 Posts

It's not Christmas music. It's non denominational winter solstice celebration music.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced MassHole View Post
Amen! I cant stand listening to it when I'm shopping. I cant imagine having to listen to it all day long. Do yourself a favor and lock up all your guns and knives until after the 1st of the year.
The worst part is I don't celebrate X-Mas (not catholic and hate mindless celebrations are specifically designed to force you to purcahse crap...CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME!!!!)

Old 12-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #5
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
It's not Christmas music. It's non denominational winter solstice celebration music.
HAhahahahaha! Nice one.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:23 AM   #6
Borisbbadd
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Utah
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
Has a nice ring to it, maybe you should send it to the card companies.........

Old 12-07-2008, 02:32 AM   #7
ChshreCat
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 539 Times on 431 Posts

I worked in radio through the 80's and 90's. If I ever, EVER hear Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer again...

Every fifteen f^*%ing minutes some snot-nosed brat would call and request it. Half the time they weren't even listening, because they'd call just MINUTES after it was played.

It was funny the first EIGHT MILLION times I heard it. But after that WEEK it wasn't funny anymore!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

Another reason I do very little shopping from Halloween to Boxing Day.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
Arneba28

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Amherst, Western New York
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Why I do my shopping online!

Old 12-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
TXCrash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
DFW
Liked 3304 Times on 3193 Posts

Boxing day? Ya mean black friday? ;-)

Or wait... they don't box, they just trample walmart employees.

I'm just glad I live in a smallish town. Big enough that ya can get everything, small enough that the christmas crowds aren't insane. Multiple years of retail have trained me to ignore christmas music, but I remember feeling homicidal back then...

It really should be illegal to play winter solstice non denominational music on any day but christmas... Even then...