Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > "Beer" Magazine rant

Old 12-23-2008, 04:30 AM   #11
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I think the mag is pretty good. I tell anyone who hasn't seen it, it is like Maxim but all about beer, and still has the hot chicks! I love the content in it, actually. I'm a subscriber.

I totally understand that it can't be a beer snob mag (Beer Advocate, All About Beer), nor a homebrew mag (Zymurgy, BYO). That has been done already.

Don't change what you do guys.

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 12-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #12
Sheep_Dog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Derek anyone can connect a beer of the month to hot chick photos. Check this out you or one of your writers go into the local watering hole find a hottie or six who appear to be beer snobs. An interview, a few photos and bam you have a monthly column with hot chicks! I'm assuming you have writers that contribute from around the country that could keep the content going for at least a year or so. Of course you would have to get all the questions guys really want to know about answered. Oh and let me know when you need my address for the subscription.

Primary: #3 Mack's Mead
Secondary: Waiting.....
Bottled: #1 Rustic Brown Ale
Bottled: #2 High Country Apfelwein

Old 12-23-2008, 06:09 AM   #13
McPintley
Recipes 

Default on the stands...

I was in Barnes and Nobles the other day for a gift. Beer was the only beer magazine on the shelf, and I live in boulder! So props to them for getting the word out to non-homebrewers about the beer revolution. I obviously loved beer before I started brewing, but I couldn't give a flip less about how to build a continuous hopper. As a chef, I think it's important to market beer in as many ways as possible. How many friggin' wine magazine are there out there?...Fill'en the niche.

Primary-Blood Cherry Stout, Port O' Palmer Porter

Old 12-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #14
BeerMagazine
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPintley View Post
I was in Barnes and Nobles the other day for a gift. Beer was the only beer magazine on the shelf, and I live in boulder! So props to them for getting the word out to non-homebrewers about the beer revolution. I obviously loved beer before I started brewing, but I couldn't give a flip less about how to build a continuous hopper. As a chef, I think it's important to market beer in as many ways as possible. How many friggin' wine magazine are there out there?...Fill'en the niche.
Thanks!

We're also the only beer magazine in Target