You know what I hate? - Page 9 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > You know what I hate?

Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #81
Brewin_Bob

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Spring, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBrewer View Post

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's hilarious! Godz, I hate that commercial!!

-- Kings Full Brewery --
-- Currently Being Remodeled --

Primary:None
Secondary:None
Conditioning:Lemstrac Wine, first mead
Bottled:None

Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #82
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Mariposa, CA
Liked 125 Times on 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulligan View Post
I think I just died a little.

How can anyone hate pickles??? It's ok, it's ok... that just means there's more for me, right? Yeah, yeah, more for me...

I hate beets - seriously, they taste like dirt.
You should wash the beets first. You can have the Dill I'll take the sweet pickles.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #83
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3756 Times on 3587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulligan View Post
I think I just died a little.

How can anyone hate pickles??? It's ok, it's ok... that just means there's more for me, right? Yeah, yeah, more for me...

I hate beets - seriously, they taste like dirt.
I'm weary of your hatred for my hatred of pickles.

I hate ESPN for making me bust my nuts on deadline just so some stupid game can be on its stupid network

I also hate ESPN for somehow making it OK for people to kill noun-verb agreement such as "Miami had their ass handed to them by the Patriots." Ugh.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #84
jmulligan

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Odenton, MD
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
You should wash the beets first. You can have the Dill I'll take the sweet pickles.
Washing doesn't help beets, even canned ones taste like topsoil.
Good, keep those gross sweet pickles away from me (bread and butter, gherkins, yuck!).

Old 12-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #85
Deacon1856
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Bowling Green, Ky
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Oooo...beets, sweet pickles, radishes...HORRIBLE. Just horrible.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #86

Flagrantly incorrect plurals.....CD's, 1980's, etc. Plural not a bloody possessive!!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #87
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3756 Times on 3587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyangler18 View Post
Flagrantly incorrect plurals.....CD's, 1980's, etc. Plural not a bloody possessive!!
Now I'm sure I love you.

I hate the word "got." As in, I got to go to bed. *shudders in horror*

Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #88
BugleBrew
Recipes 

Aug 2008
SE Michigan

Rex Grossman and the Bears' secondary
People who tailgate. Oh my god I hate people that tailgate
People that don't know how four way stops work
People that use their brights constantly when driving at night
People that misuse to, too, and two.
Employees that are overly "helpful" in stores
People that say "Axed" instead of "Asked"
Sports commentators that constantly say "They control their own destiny." Holy hell, say something of substance.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #89
Bob

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Christiansted, St Croix, USVI, US Virgin Islands
Liked 142 Times on 105 Posts

Quote:
People who don't have kids that criticize parents. Unless you have 'em, you don't have the first clue about raising them.
Horsepuckey. I may not have kids, but I can spot uncorrected bad behavior when I see it. My dogs are better-behaved than some kids. Kid behaving badly = bad parenting. QED. Why should I have to placidly endure rotten behavior because I've chosen not to whelp a sprog? If it takes a village to raise a child, I'm the stereotypical crotchety old bastard who lives on the outskirts taking rock-salt potshots at rotten little bastards who cut through my yard and trample my hops vines.

Quote:
Piss-poor grammar and punctuation in emails (especially work emails). Nay, EVERYWHERE- including forums. If you can't be arsed to write in complete sentences without a scintilla of regard for punctuation and conventions of the written word, what makes you think I want to give myself a migraine trying to deconstruct your lazy English?
Er. Word. [ducking]

Things This Bob (neither Angry_Bob nor Brewin_Bob) Cannot Abide:

Poor communication. If you have little grasp of the language, kindly refrain from interacting with me. If you cannot impart a sentence which contains less than one expletive (deliberately used for emphasis), kindly refrain from interacting with me. If you cannot impart a sentence without the word "like" as an audible pause, ditto. For that matter, if you "Um" or "Er" more than once in a sentence, kindly tie yourself to the stake. I'll handle the kerosene and torch.

Automated telephone menus. These are the cause of two-thirds of the world's negative emotion and energy, even when they work properly.

Roundabouts. People should be trained in Driver's Ed to deal properly with roundabouts. If you can't, stay out of them.

Sobriety checkpoints. Such a violation of basic civil rights is one goose-step away from "Ihre papieren, bitte."

Shopping malls between 30 September and 1 March. Let's see if I have this straight - the societal pressures caused by overwhelming marketing cause an upsurge seasonal-affective disorder, causing pharmaceutical companies to market treatment drugs. Gotcha.

People who use the word "Nazi" to describe others who wish to hold them to some sort of standard. "Style-Nazi" is the appropriate usage in this milieu.

The ludicrous idea that elitism is in itself evil. That rewarding above-average je ne sais quois is demeaning or undesireable. That being proud of above-average accomplishment (you know, the stuff that makes one elite) is socially unacceptable. That everyone on the Little League team gets a trophy. Essentially, that rewards are given regardless of whether or not they are earned. And we wonder why our society has entitlement issues.

I think that covers it for at least the next half-hour.

Bob

Old 12-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #90
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Mariposa, CA
Liked 125 Times on 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
Now I'm sure I love you.