You know what I hate? - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > You know what I hate?

Old 12-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #41
jcarson83

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Springfield, MO
Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

People that take themselves too seriously and can't have a discussion about an important issue without getting really pissed.

People that can have a serious discussion about important issues but their view of the world is so far off that it makes it impossible. (conspiracy theorists)

Old 12-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #42
Deacon1856
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Bowling Green, Ky
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I like conspiracy theorists! They're never dull anyway...

Old 12-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #43

Obnoxious cell-phone users. Checkout lanes, elevators and carpools are not appropriate places to have personal conversations- nothing is that urgent that you can't excuse yourself from the call and continue it in the privacy of your vehicle or office.

Colleagues who have absolutely nothing to talk about in a social atmosphere except work.

Incompetence in conducting a conference call when 90% of the participants aren't in the friggin' room.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #44
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3740 Times on 3580 Posts

Supposed customer service folks who chew gum, talk on the phone, make you feel as if you're impinging on their time or generally just act like douchenozzles to your face.

Folks who want to talk to me about sports all the time. It's what I do for a living, but believe it or not I am able to carry on an intelligent conversation about a wide range of things.

Bad coffee (not the HBT member, actual bad coffee).

Old 12-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #45
brauhaus

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

EWWW! I had a guy come into the bathroom, sit down in the stale next to me, drop a deuce, then got up (not sure if he wiped?), flushed and just walked out...

I immediately yanked the spray lysol and sprayed down everything in the bathroom... I'm a germ-freak like that...

I avoided and did not shake this dude's hand.

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 12-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #46
jmulligan

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Odenton, MD
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

People that think they know more than you do about a topic (even when you have 2 freaking degrees in it) and they proceed to lecture to you about said topic, getting all manner of concepts wrong.

Mothers that think the sun shines out of their dip**** kid's ass. I just watched your kid try to set my cat's tail on fire, go tell someone else he's "so sweet."

Blonde (I'm a brunette, I naturally hate blondes) young women (~18-26) who sit near me on the commuter train and "Oh my God, Becky!" for 45 minutes on their hot-pink cell phones while wearing fuzzy boots and stretch pants (barf!).

That guy that you hang out with that has 2 Rolling Rocks and starts the hi-fiving and "Dude, I'm so drunk!" by 8:30 pm. Oh, and of course if you give him a sip of IPA, he will accordingly wrinkle up his face and say it tastes terrible.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #47
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3740 Times on 3580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulligan View Post
That guy that you hang out with that has 2 Rolling Rocks and starts the hi-fiving and "Dude, I'm so drunk!" by 8:30 pm. Oh, and of course if you give him a sip of IPA, he will accordingly wrinkle up his face and say it tastes terrible.
You can't throw that out there without telling the accompanying story.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #48
jpsloan
Recipes 

Nov 2006
New Market, MD
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I hate people who call it the "Macy's Day Parade" instead of the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade."

I don't recall the federal government granting Macy's a special holiday...

Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #49
jmulligan

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Odenton, MD
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
You can't throw that out there without telling the accompanying story.
Let's just say I had to help prop him up against a lightpole later that night, and got to watch him decorate the snow-covered sidewalk. At least he wasn't expelling good beer. And he had my pity, because he was going to be in some deep poop when he went home to his old lady (literally - she's 21 years older than him).

Ahhh youth!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #50
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulligan View Post

Anyone ever saying "Dude, I'm so druck". I find that extremely annoying.

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!