You know what I hate? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > You know what I hate?

Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #11
Laurel

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Seattle, WA
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Types of people that irritate me

the “I don’t eat much salt” people. WTF. I dated a guy that wouldn’t put salt on ANYTHING he ate because he didn’t want his food to taste like salt. Then the people that seem to believe they can divine the real flavor of foods but only without salt. SALT IS THERE TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR OF YOUR MEALS, NOT OVERPOWER IT!!!! There’s a reason that salt is used in the baking of sweet treats. It makes them taste better, and not in a kettle corn sort of way, but in a deliciously balanced flavor sort of way. It’s like someone saying “I love a balanced beer, but leave out the hops.” You cannot even pretend to understand food if you do not understand salt. I hate you.

The slow driver that gets mad and speeds up when you try to pass them. Or for that matter, the one who drives slowly on a road where there’s no hope of passing them. Just because you’re not in a hurry to get where you’re going doesn’t mean that you need to make me late! My time’s important to me. The less time I spend behind you, the more time I have to do other things.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #12
Brew-Happy
Recipes 

May 2008
Lubbock, Texas
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Getting old....I hate getting old.

Oh and raw tomtatoes.

and mayonaise...I can't stand mayonaise.

Oh and I sorta hate Christmas.
So no BLT sandwiches with lots of mayo???? Weird

Quote:
Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
- Arthur Weasley

Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #13
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

I hate:

people in large groups
meatheads (not to be confused with meat-helmets, which are awesome)
people who think drinking is evil
BMC drinkers who think I am dumb for liking things of quality
stupid people

EDIT: people who sample new foods/drinks with a ridiculously tiny bite/sip. You can't taste **** in that wimpy scared ass bite. Take a real bite or gtfo!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #14
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 261 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Types of people that irritate me

the “I don’t eat much salt” people. WTF. I dated a guy that wouldn’t put salt on ANYTHING he ate because he didn’t want his food to taste like salt. Then the people that seem to believe they can divine the real flavor of foods but only without salt. SALT IS THERE TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR OF YOUR MEALS, NOT OVERPOWER IT!!!! There’s a reason that salt is used in the baking of sweet treats. It makes them taste better, and not in a kettle corn sort of way, but in a deliciously balanced flavor sort of way. It’s like someone saying “I love a balanced beer, but leave out the hops.” You cannot even pretend to understand food if you do not understand salt. I hate you.
i don't like much salt j/k, i agree wholeheartedly, but i think that people saying this stems from the fact that a lot of popular companies oversalt the **** out of their foods.

Quote:
The slow driver that gets mad and speeds up when you try to pass them. Or for that matter, the one who drives slowly on a road where there’s no hope of passing them. Just because you’re not in a hurry to get where you’re going doesn’t mean that you need to make me late! My time’s important to me. The less time I spend behind you, the more time I have to do other things.
you know what i love, on the other hand? those guys that will automatically speed up when you speed up next to them. that **** is great. when i need to switch lanes, i'll give a good rev of the engine to make them think i'm speeding to pass them and when they pull forward i just slip behind them. it's even better when you can tell that it made them feel really stupid. maybe they're learning...nah.

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 12-03-2008, 01:46 AM   #15
Laurel

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Seattle, WA
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBrewer View Post
i don't like much salt j/k, i agree wholeheartedly, but i think that people saying this stems from the fact that a lot of popular companies oversalt the **** out of their foods.
That is reasonable. Not putting ANY salt on potatoes is retarded though.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:47 AM   #16
Beerrific

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Georgia
Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
I hate people that get food at restaurants and salt it before they taste it...."Oh, I know it will need salt." No you don't! And they wonder why their blood pressure is high.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:50 AM   #17
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts

I hate people who are unable to articulate their position and resort to childish attacks.

*edit* Wow. Uh, I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular. Well, not on HBT anyway. I took my time typing it and it just looks like I was attacking someone. I'll shut up now.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #18
jspence1

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
That is reasonable. Not putting ANY salt on potatoes is retarded though.
oo I put nothing on my potatoes....but I'm plenty smart

Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #19
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 261 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
I hate people who are unable to articulate their position and resort to childish attacks.
whatever, poopy-head! you just don't understand me!

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #20
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I just but butter and gravy on my pots.

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!