You know what I hate? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > You know what I hate?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #11
Laurel
 
Laurel's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,499
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts


Types of people that irritate me

the “I don’t eat much salt” people. WTF. I dated a guy that wouldn’t put salt on ANYTHING he ate because he didn’t want his food to taste like salt. Then the people that seem to believe they can divine the real flavor of foods but only without salt. SALT IS THERE TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR OF YOUR MEALS, NOT OVERPOWER IT!!!! There’s a reason that salt is used in the baking of sweet treats. It makes them taste better, and not in a kettle corn sort of way, but in a deliciously balanced flavor sort of way. It’s like someone saying “I love a balanced beer, but leave out the hops.” You cannot even pretend to understand food if you do not understand salt. I hate you.

The slow driver that gets mad and speeds up when you try to pass them. Or for that matter, the one who drives slowly on a road where there’s no hope of passing them. Just because you’re not in a hurry to get where you’re going doesn’t mean that you need to make me late! My time’s important to me. The less time I spend behind you, the more time I have to do other things.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #12
Brew-Happy
Recipes 
 
May 2008
Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 1,329
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Getting old....I hate getting old.

Oh and raw tomtatoes.

and mayonaise...I can't stand mayonaise.


Oh and I sorta hate Christmas.
So no BLT sandwiches with lots of mayo???? Weird
__________________
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2003!!! Whoop!

Quote:
Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
- Arthur Weasley

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #13
Boerderij_Kabouter
 
Boerderij_Kabouter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,750
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts


I hate:

people in large groups
meatheads (not to be confused with meat-helmets, which are awesome)
people who think drinking is evil
BMC drinkers who think I am dumb for liking things of quality
stupid people

EDIT: people who sample new foods/drinks with a ridiculously tiny bite/sip. You can't taste **** in that wimpy scared ass bite. Take a real bite or gtfo!


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #14
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DeathBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Posts: 21,790
Liked 261 Times on 134 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Types of people that irritate me

the “I don’t eat much salt” people. WTF. I dated a guy that wouldn’t put salt on ANYTHING he ate because he didn’t want his food to taste like salt. Then the people that seem to believe they can divine the real flavor of foods but only without salt. SALT IS THERE TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR OF YOUR MEALS, NOT OVERPOWER IT!!!! There’s a reason that salt is used in the baking of sweet treats. It makes them taste better, and not in a kettle corn sort of way, but in a deliciously balanced flavor sort of way. It’s like someone saying “I love a balanced beer, but leave out the hops.” You cannot even pretend to understand food if you do not understand salt. I hate you.
i don't like much salt j/k, i agree wholeheartedly, but i think that people saying this stems from the fact that a lot of popular companies oversalt the **** out of their foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
The slow driver that gets mad and speeds up when you try to pass them. Or for that matter, the one who drives slowly on a road where there’s no hope of passing them. Just because you’re not in a hurry to get where you’re going doesn’t mean that you need to make me late! My time’s important to me. The less time I spend behind you, the more time I have to do other things.
you know what i love, on the other hand? those guys that will automatically speed up when you speed up next to them. that **** is great. when i need to switch lanes, i'll give a good rev of the engine to make them think i'm speeding to pass them and when they pull forward i just slip behind them. it's even better when you can tell that it made them feel really stupid. maybe they're learning...nah.
__________________
Easy Partial Mash Brewing - Stovetop All-Grain Brewing

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:46 AM   #15
Laurel
 
Laurel's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,499
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBrewer View Post
i don't like much salt j/k, i agree wholeheartedly, but i think that people saying this stems from the fact that a lot of popular companies oversalt the **** out of their foods.
That is reasonable. Not putting ANY salt on potatoes is retarded though.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:47 AM   #16
Beerrific
 
Beerrific's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
Georgia
Posts: 5,562
Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
the “I don’t eat much salt” people. WTF. I dated a guy that wouldn’t put salt on ANYTHING he ate because he didn’t want his food to taste like salt. Then the people that seem to believe they can divine the real flavor of foods but only without salt. SALT IS THERE TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR OF YOUR MEALS, NOT OVERPOWER IT!!!! There’s a reason that salt is used in the baking of sweet treats. It makes them taste better, and not in a kettle corn sort of way, but in a deliciously balanced flavor sort of way. It’s like someone saying “I love a balanced beer, but leave out the hops.” You cannot even pretend to understand food if you do not understand salt. I hate you.
I hate people that get food at restaurants and salt it before they taste it...."Oh, I know it will need salt." No you don't! And they wonder why their blood pressure is high.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:50 AM   #17
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Fingers's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Posts: 4,215
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts


I hate people who are unable to articulate their position and resort to childish attacks.

*edit* Wow. Uh, I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular. Well, not on HBT anyway. I took my time typing it and it just looks like I was attacking someone. I'll shut up now.
__________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #18
jspence1
 
jspence1's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,039
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
That is reasonable. Not putting ANY salt on potatoes is retarded though.
oo I put nothing on my potatoes....but I'm plenty smart

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #19
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DeathBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Posts: 21,790
Liked 261 Times on 134 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
I hate people who are unable to articulate their position and resort to childish attacks.
whatever, poopy-head! you just don't understand me!
__________________
Easy Partial Mash Brewing - Stovetop All-Grain Brewing

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #20
BuffaloSabresBrewer
 
BuffaloSabresBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
Posts: 2,218
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


I just but butter and gravy on my pots.
__________________
Quote:
DeathBrewer:
maybe i'll post an ad:

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You are all going to hate me but I have .... springer General Beer Discussion 25 08-26-2009 09:22 PM
I Hate Csi Scut_Monkey Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 23 08-03-2009 10:06 PM
Even if you hate everything..... VatorMan Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 2 02-23-2009 03:49 PM
You hate me. PseudoChef Equipment/Sanitation 1 01-05-2008 04:31 AM
I hate my job. . . Biermann Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 24 07-21-2007 02:55 PM


Forum Jump