Did a little christmas shopping today.... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Did a little christmas shopping today....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
carnevoodoo
Recipes 
 
May 2007
San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,276
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi View Post
Double bastard just arrived here. I was dissapointed. I LOVE regular AB but this seemed really solventy and heavy on fusels. Gets better with age?

Damn Tally, you must have a f'ing amazing "cellar" going on there with all your purchases. I m in awe... and wicked jealous.


come Mr. Talley man, talley me...



Funny. I think AB is overrated and I like how the extra alcohol balances out the hops. I just don't buy AB anymore.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
RC0032
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Chicago
Posts: 1,133
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Vertical tasting leads to horizontal ChshreCats.
How is it? I have a few bottles of the 08-08-08 and I hear it needs to cellar for a year or so. Is this true?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #13
carnevoodoo
Recipes 
 
May 2007
San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,276
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by RC0032 View Post
How is it? I have a few bottles of the 08-08-08 and I hear it needs to cellar for a year or so. Is this true?
A vertical tasting is trying multiple years of the same beer to see how they've progressed.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #14
RC0032
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Chicago
Posts: 1,133
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts


I see


so how long should you cellar the 08 version of the Epic?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #15
flack
 
flack's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 111
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts


Dang Tally.. you get frequent buyers points at Lee's? LOL looks like a nice haul

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #16
BigKahuna
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
BigKahuna's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Posts: 5,970
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by RC0032 View Post
I see


so how long should you cellar the 08 version of the Epic?
Teh point of the whole Vertical Epic project was to have several bottles to offer up from 01-01-01 progressing through 12-12-2012 Then you serve up those 12 every year until they are gone.

Seems like a great money making project to me....03-03-03 Epic is selling for $80 a bottle on Ebay.
__________________
Seriously. I'm here for BEER
It's Not The Size Of Your Rig That Counts....It's How Often You Use It.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #17
carnevoodoo
Recipes 
 
May 2007
San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,276
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
Teh point of the whole Vertical Epic project was to have several bottles to offer up from 01-01-01 progressing through 12-12-2012 Then you serve up those 12 every year until they are gone.

Seems like a great money making project to me....03-03-03 Epic is selling for $80 a bottle on Ebay.
There was no 01. They started in 02.

When the 03 gets to $150 a bottle, I'm totally selling mine.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #18
talleymonster
 
talleymonster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Posts: 2,142
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts


I've got over a case of the 08. And I may buy another, because they still have cases and cases of it. Sit on it for a few years and see what happens with it.


and yes Flack, I do earn points for my purchases at Lee's.
__________________


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #19
carnevoodoo
Recipes 
 
May 2007
San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,276
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster View Post
I've got over a case of the 08. And I may buy another, because they still have cases and cases of it. Sit on it for a few years and see what happens with it.


and yes Flack, I do earn points for my purchases at Lee's.
I had two cases of the 03 and 04 when they came out. They didn't last too long.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Its like christmas for me today :D Jsamp General Techniques 4 09-17-2009 08:54 PM
Merry Christmas and who is brewing today! pedalmedic General Beer Discussion 6 12-25-2008 03:29 PM
So I went shopping today.. flack General Beer Discussion 16 12-17-2008 09:59 AM
So I did a little holiday shopping today... ArcaneXor Commercial Brew Discussion 4 12-05-2008 06:40 AM
Christmas shopping? Cheesefood General Chit Chat 63 12-20-2006 10:57 PM


Forum Jump