Rhizome Exchange Anyone? - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Rhizome Exchange Anyone?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #31
scikai
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Cupertino CA
Posts: 2

I've got Hallertauer, Glacier, and Sterling Rhizomes, I'm interested in trading for Zeus, magnum, nugget, cascade, Mt. hood or northern brewer.

thanks,
Kai

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #32
Redneck
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Posts: 1

I have Cascade and Fuggles rhizomes for trade. I'm looking for Liberty, Perle, or high Alpha hop (other than Nugget).

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #33
MTBREWDOG
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Townsend, MT
Posts: 92
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Thanks again all who have participated.

Please let me know how this worked out. Maybe they can sticky this if it worked well.

I will be getting some new known strains here right quick. Unfortunately I won't be able to get anything in the ground until June due to the frozen ground around here. LOL I haven't even been able to get any rhizomes collected from my unknown strain to send out to folks... Will keep ya posted!

Cheers :mugs:,


Joe

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #34
extra_medium
 
extra_medium's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
beavercreek, ohio
Posts: 212
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


does anyone have some to donate for this year? i should have some Zeus and Brewer's Gold for next spring, but would love to add some more this year if anyone is sharing.
__________________

Salute!

_____
~XM~

Best Hop Manual Ever
My brew sculpture

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #35
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,751
Liked 8020 Times on 5604 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by extra_medium View Post
does anyone have some to donate for this year? i should have some Zeus and Brewer's Gold for next spring, but would love to add some more this year if anyone is sharing.
I have some hallertauer that I might have to trade, if I get off my lazy butt and get out there. They are just starting to send shoots, but some of the rhizomes seem to be coming out of the ground so I may have some. I'll post back, if I actually do anything with them.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #36
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
conpewter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
East Dundee, Illinois
Posts: 5,109
Liked 53 Times on 48 Posts


I have some I could send out. I actually may have a few full crowns that I don't want anymore, that'd probably need to be given away locally.

I think I have
Willamette
Fuggle
Hallertau
Kent Golding - rhizomes or whole thing
Nugget - rhizomes or whole thing
(I'll have to look at my garden map)
__________________
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #37
extra_medium
 
extra_medium's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
beavercreek, ohio
Posts: 212
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
I have some hallertauer that I might have to trade, if I get off my lazy butt and get out there. They are just starting to send shoots, but some of the rhizomes seem to be coming out of the ground so I may have some. I'll post back, if I actually do anything with them.
PM me if you are interested in a trade. my zeus and brewer's gold just went in the ground last night, but i am planning on propigating them all over the place this fall/next spring. i will be starting a thread detailing them growing in containers.
__________________

Salute!

_____
~XM~

Best Hop Manual Ever
My brew sculpture

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #38
extra_medium
 
extra_medium's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
beavercreek, ohio
Posts: 212
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by conpewter View Post
I have some I could send out. I actually may have a few full crowns that I don't want anymore, that'd probably need to be given away locally.

I think I have
Willamette
Fuggle
Hallertau
Kent Golding - rhizomes or whole thing
Nugget - rhizomes or whole thing
(I'll have to look at my garden map)

anything would be awesome and i would owe you when i make my rhizomes.
__________________

Salute!

_____
~XM~

Best Hop Manual Ever
My brew sculpture

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #39
Starderup
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Atlanta
Posts: 580
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by extra_medium View Post
PM me if you are interested in a trade. my zeus and brewer's gold just went in the ground last night, but i am planning on propigating them all over the place this fall/next spring. i will be starting a thread detailing them growing in containers.
I have Cascade, Nugget, and Centennial in containers. The Centennial was planted very late, but I just hope to get some good sprouts next year. It is only about five feet tall now, but the rest have hit the top of a ten foot trellis and started going sideways (because I stopped lowering the supporting twine - it was getting too much of a hassle).

This was in late May. The one on the left is producing cones now, and is much bigger.
__________________
<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #40
Hopfarmer
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Paonia Co
Posts: 460
Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts


I will have Cascades,Chinooks,Nugget and Willamette starting in March coloradoorganichops.net Cheers Glen

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interested in a 'within UK' hop exchange? TimothyTaylorslLandlady All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 3 09-23-2016 12:00 PM
rhizome exchange (local) Kaiser Hops Growing 9 07-12-2010 03:07 AM
SpeedTrap Exchange Glibbidy General Chit Chat 3 02-28-2008 05:19 PM
Hop Exchange Beerrific Recipes/Ingredients 0 12-27-2007 02:02 AM


Forum Jump