what to do with 1 gal honey lager wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoman

Reaction score
So I settled and racked my honey lager to ferment 5 gallons and ended up with about 1 gallon leftover. ANy suggestions of what I could do with this besides pour it out? Currently it's on the trub in a carboy with no yeast, just wort. i thought about canning it for starters but it has honey at about 35%.

chris

I would make a 1 gallon batch and throw something extra in for the fun of it.

But, canning for starters isn't a bad idea either.

you know, i do have a packet of that weird fermentis 58 'belgian' dry yeast - I could just see what that does in a 1 gal batch.

you know, i do have a packet of that weird fermentis 58 'belgian' dry yeast - I could just see what that does in a 1 gal batch.
+1. For me, that's a no-brainer. You have the wort, you have the yeast, you have a small enough batch that it won't matter if it sucks balls. I say go for it and let us know how it turns out. :mug:

thanks for the early replies, guys. I forgot I had a tester starter made from a frozen/glycerin yeast bank I'm making. I was testing out building up a starter with a wheat yeast. I did a 250 ml, then a 1000 ml. Anyway, this is a good opportunity to see if a) these will ferment and b) if they are off or ok. So, it's a honey blonde wheat 1 gallon batch.

cb

Back