Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Duchesse De Bourgogne
Old 11-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Duchesse De Bourgogne

One of my favorite sour ales. It's not too sour to be offensive, and has a wonderful taste of dark fruits, almost like the mix of a sour and a strong dark. In fact I know that they do blend old and young to make this, so it's possible one has less sour and more fruit flavors.
I highly recommend picking this up if you run across it.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Duchesse de Bourgogne

Not being able to get ahold of a lot of good sour beers in this area, Douchesse de Bourgogne is a real treat. A very nice, robust Flanders Red.

Fermenting: Nada
On Tap:Cran Wit, Dr Pepper Dubbel, Cascadian Pale Ale, Dark Chocolate Stout, Imperial Stout, Brown Mild, Schwarzbier
On Board: IIPA

Old 10-24-2009, 04:07 AM   #3
Liked 45 Times on 42 Posts

My first tasting of this beer, I hated it. On my second tasting, I really see the merit in this beer. It is pleasantly sour. Despite some of the descriptions above, its a great beer. There is some residual sweetness and an overall powerful flavor that does not lend it to a session beer. I'd be interested to see what some bottles with some age on them taste like.

EDIT: ~ 4 months later.

I bought a 4 pack of this beer at the end of October. I drank two and put two in the back of the cupboard. In October, this beer was very acetic. It had an overwhelming flavor that I described as not being a good session beer. 4 months later, the acetic character has really faded. It now has a much more rounded sourness from a good bit more lactic acid. IMO, a much more enjoyable beer. Unfortunately, I don't have any more bottles. Now I'd be interested on getting 1 and 2 years on a few bottles. I'm guessing it will start turning to an intense lactic tartness after some time.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I discovered this beer, style, this year and I have really enjoyed drinking the dutchess. I find it very good and don't mind paying the price tag for it.