I searched, But couldn't find any help. - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I searched, But couldn't find any help.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

So I've decided to start a thread.
Does anyone know anything about lightbulbs? It's dark in my house. I have a Mr. Bulb kit that I've used with limited success, but it's really not all that great. I was expecting something closer to sunlight.

Thanks in advance fo any help.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
Soperbrew
Who rated my beer?

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Chandler, Arizona
Liked 90 Times on 84 Posts

Try to open your eyes in the room.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3756 Times on 3587 Posts

Cut a hole in a wall, but not a northern facing well. No sun gets in that way. But make damn sure you sanitize your cutting tool. And whatever you do, step away from the hole. A lack of sunlight in no way indicates that the sun is not actually lighting your home.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
nealf

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Hiram, GA
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box

Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Bryan, Texas
Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts

Have you tried knocking a hole in your ceiling yet? It works quite well, but only for a few hours a day. Its as close to sunlight as I can get you.

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 95 Times on 62 Posts

Add a pound of sugar and bottle in 5 days.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Well first thing you need to do is go and ask that question in the begginers forum, the bottling forum, and also the all grain forum. Dont bother looking at the stickies at the tops (they are all lies). Then you need to tell everyone that they are wrong because you just want to make something that will make light that will get you more drunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 11-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
Then you need to tell everyone that they are wrong because you just want to make something with more alcohol in the light.
Close...but I'm not sure that is really what I want. See, I've never really had light before, and alcohol makes me fall down. So I'm not sure that is the rout for me.

If I knock a hole in the roof, will I be able to re close it at night so the sun doesn't keep me awake?

Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3756 Times on 3587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
Close...but I'm not sure that is really what I want. See, I've never really had light before, and alcohol makes me fall down. So I'm not sure that is the rout for me.

If I knock a hole in the roof, will I be able to re close it at night so the sun doesn't keep me awake?
Depends on how handy you are. You could go to the lighting store and have somebody install an overhead for you. Or you could do it yourself. Check the sticky in the DIY section, n00b, before you bug as all with these inane questions.

Why do you want light if you've never had it before? Shouldn't you find out if you actually like it first?

Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Bryan, Texas
Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
That is the magical thing about sunlight, it knows exactly when to shine. as long as you let it do its natural thing it will only shine durring the day. So just RDWHSS and pull out that sledge

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator