Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > First Christmas Brew Label

Old 11-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
garyrotter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First Christmas Brew Label

This is my first time putting labels on a beer. I am giving these out as Christmas presents, and hopefully I will do this annually!

However, I would like to know if I were to use a regular computer printer to print on the label paper, if the ink will run when it gets wet/condensates? How do you guys/gals get down on labels?

Here is the label, give me some feed back! Thanks! (the brown is a supposed bottle, not actually part of the label.)

Old 11-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Penguin
Recipes 

just swallow this and be TORTUED? just caught that. but i love it. quite fitting.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
mangine77
Recipes 

Just print it on regular paper using a laser printer. If you use an Ink Jet, it will run when it gets wet. Then I just apply the labels with a little bit of milk. I know it sounds weird, but it works really well.

Cool label by the way! What program did you use to create that??

Help pick out my next beer for the British Open:
http://albatrossbrewing.blogspot.com/

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day.
-Frank Sinatra

http://albatrossbrewing.blogspot.com/

Old 11-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
garyrotter
Recipes 

I use photoshop, which is probably not the best if you are looking for super detailed print, it works for me though.

Thanks for catching that mistake, I fixed it. And thanks for the feedback.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
MrNate
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyrotter View Post
I use photoshop, which is probably not the best if you are looking for super detailed print, it works for me though.
I think I have to disagree with you there.

Nice label, though.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
farrout
Recipes 

I like it, if I may make a suggestion thogh, I would maybe add filter to the pic of scrooge. I find that the cartoonify filter in gimp does a good job of making the pic flow a bit better, (it has that cut and paste look to it righ now). It might warm it up a bit. Just a thought, I do like the label.