Good Steeping Idea!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
Okay I am new here but my last batch, my supplier gave me a great idea on steeping. Put it in the oven. It's that simple, put the oven at 150F, and once the soon to be wort reaches 150F, put it in the oven. This stops you from having to constantly check the temp for 1 hour.

I'm sure it's nothing new to most of you, but I thought it made it much easier.

YUP! it's what many do and works great!

Did he mention using the dish washer door for bottling? Put the bottling bucket over the dishwasher and open the door below the spigot so the door catches all drips.

1 hour sounds excessive. I steep for 15 minutes, 30 tops. I imagine the extracting curve greatly flattens after 30 minutes. I personally don't mind checking the temp of my steep water every five minutes.

Did he mention using the dish washer door for bottling? Put the bottling bucket over the dishwasher and open the door below the spigot so the door catches all drips.

This is easily the best "AH-HA!" tip that I've received on this board.

Really saves time on cleanup, as well as not hurting my back (used to bottle from the table).

YUP! it's what many do and works great!

Now that, that is a great idea. I'll use that tonight.

My mop thanks you from the bottom of its beer stained heart. But now it hates me because it doesn't get any beer.

Back