Frigidaire Model FRC445GB Mini-Fridge Kegerator Conversion - Page 22 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > Frigidaire Model FRC445GB Mini-Fridge Kegerator Conversion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #211
Orogenic
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Seattle
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


You drill between these two coolant lines...

__________________
Long Secondary - Oatmeal Stout
Keg 1 - IPA
Keg 2 - Winter Ale
3 Empty Carboys

Reason: Image didnt work

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #212
Steven4est
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Chesapeake
Posts: 66

What tools do i need to do this i bought the fridge and the kit.

Im guessing these are the correct steps?

Unscrew the freezer and temp bracket in the fridge. Pull out the shelves, drill a hole through the top of the fridge after taking off the top and digging though the foam then drill a matching hole to the top and mount your tower?
Is the tower wobbly when mounted to the plastic top? also what size holes do i need to drill?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #213
Snausages01
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 135
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven4est View Post
What tools do i need to do this i bought the fridge and the kit.

Im guessing these are the correct steps?

Unscrew the freezer and temp bracket in the fridge. Pull out the shelves, drill a hole through the top of the fridge after taking off the top and digging though the foam then drill a matching hole to the top and mount your tower?
Is the tower wobbly when mounted to the plastic top? also what size holes do i need to drill?
Yes, but you may want to put a sheet of plywood under the tower.

Here is the build I just did. The metal you have to drill through is about as thick as foil. You could probably get through it with a regular bit, but I did use a hole saw and it worked fine.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-f...-build-150576/
__________________
-Chris

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:32 AM   #214
Steven4est
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Chesapeake
Posts: 66

what size holesaw did you use?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #215
Snausages01
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 135
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


I want to say it was 3/4" only because they didn't have a smaller one. I'd go the same size as the copper pipe you plan on running through there. If you don't plan on doing the copper then I'd make it larger so could air could get up there (may require a fan).
__________________
-Chris

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #216
Steven4est
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Chesapeake
Posts: 66

how about scraping away the foam did you just guess on getting the plywoods depth or was there a way to make it more accurate to fit nicely

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #217
tarponteaser
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Spacecoast FL
Posts: 91
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Thanks for sharing your experience. I just received a Haier 4.6 ft3 fridge that looks very similar and was wondering about drilling the top. The inside width of mine is only 17" so I can forget about doing a double corny set up (sigh) but heck, a single is better than bottling 5 gals.

I do note that even on the lowest setting , the temp is 37 degrees, I'm afraid to set it at 6 .....the pint bottles might freeze.

Regards

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #218
togabear
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
New York, NY
Posts: 71
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Got mine transported here and set up last night. Kegs cold and carbed today, so thanks for all the work setting this up. FYI, a 10# CO2 tank fits in with two kegs easily. no problem at all.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #219
braduva
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
richmond, va
Posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by togabear View Post
Got mine transported here and set up last night. Kegs cold and carbed today, so thanks for all the work setting this up. FYI, a 10# CO2 tank fits in with two kegs easily. no problem at all.
so you have the 10# on the back hump and it fits? kegconnection has special with upgrade from 5# to 10# for free with packages for new years. was going to just get a 5# after everyone on this thread has said that a 5# just barely fit. i am curious where you got your co2 tank as they do differ in size to some degree.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #220
togabear
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
New York, NY
Posts: 71
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by braduva View Post
so you have the 10# on the back hump and it fits? kegconnection has special with upgrade from 5# to 10# for free with packages for new years. was going to just get a 5# after everyone on this thread has said that a 5# just barely fit. i am curious where you got your co2 tank as they do differ in size to some degree.
Yeah, its on the back hump. I got my 10# at kegconnection, actually. It is the red painted 10# tanks they have. Really like it so far and it was much cheaper than anywhere else.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini fridge conversion to corny kegerator? pjk49202 Bottling/Kegging 31 01-25-2012 10:56 PM
Dimensions: Frigidaire Model FRC445GB? GamePreserve Fermenters 2 11-27-2009 08:02 AM
Successful mini fridge models for kegerator conversion HawRiverHops Bottling/Kegging 20 11-14-2009 06:45 PM
Mini-Fridge Kegerator: Sanyo, Frigidaire...? piperbrew Kegerators & Keezers 6 07-12-2009 09:00 PM
Frigidaire mini fridge kegerator? czerewko Kegerators & Keezers 10 12-04-2008 10:22 PM


Forum Jump