Ohhhhh...ohhhh...ohhhh....uc! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Ohhhhh...ohhhh...ohhhh....uc!

Old 11-15-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
adrock

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Who else is psyched that my University of Cincinnati Bearcats will be playing the Pittsburgh Panthers next week, and that the winner will most likely be the Big East Champion?

Who doesn't give a sh*t? Come3 on Shekcy, you're a BE guy in UConn territory...who are you rooting for? And don't give me some obscure scenario where UConn can win the BE...be real with me.

And just so we're clear, I am in fact druck right now, so this is drunken ramblings territory! Stone IPA FTW!

Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 AM   #2
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3754 Times on 3586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
Who else is psyched that my University of Cincinnati Bearcats will be playing the Pittsburgh Panthers next week, and that the winner will most likely be the Big East Champion?

Who doesn't give a sh*t? Come3 on Shekcy, you're a BE guy in UConn territory...who are you rooting for? And don't give me some obscure scenario where UConn can win the BE...be real with me.

And just so we're clear, I am in fact druck right now, so this is drunken ramblings territory! Stone IPA FTW!
Dude, relax. Nice win. I like Cincy. Kelly is a great coach.

I root for nobody. I cover UConn, don't give a rat's ass how they do. Honestly, it's better for me if they don't reach a bowl game. I get to stay home then and deal with basketball.

I think Cincy wins the Big East, but you have to admit that 40-16 loss to UConn looks awful.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:50 AM   #3
adrock

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
Dude, relax.

I think Cincy wins the Big East, but you have to admit that 40-16 loss to UConn looks awful.
First of all, I can't relax...too many IPAs!

Secondly, I agree with you that the 40-16 loss was bad. Couldn't convert on 3rd down, our QBs were ineffective (probably due to a combination of a broken arm and inexperience), and most importantly 6 turnovers. We really stunk up the place that day.

But that's all behind us now. If we can beat Pitt next week -- which I think we can do -- then the only thing that stands between us and a BCS bowl is Syracuse!

Old 11-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3754 Times on 3586 Posts

Quote:
First of all, I can't relax...too many IPAs!

Secondly, I agree with you that the 40-16 loss was bad. Couldn't convert on 3rd down, our QBs were ineffective (probably due to a combination of a broken arm and inexperience), and most importantly 6 turnovers. We really stunk up the place that day.

But that's all behind us now. If we can beat Pitt next week -- which I think we can do -- then the only thing that stands between us and a BCS bowl is Syracuse!
Looking very good for Cincy. Maybe we can grab a couple when I'm out there for hoops in a couple months.

BTW, what the hell is a Bearcat? Seems like some genetic experiment gone wrong.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
adrock

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bearcat...stupid thing is, it is neither a bear nor a cat. Ah well, at least we're not named after a tree, or a nut from said tree (apologies to Buckeyes fans).

Old 11-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #6
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Quote:
Bearcat...stupid thing is, it is neither a bear nor a cat. Ah well, at least we're not named after a tree, or a nut from said tree (apologies to Buckeyes fans).
No need to ever apologize to a buckeye, ever!