Some of the changes that I have made to recipe are very simple. I've nixed the campden and K-meta. I can notice a definte difference in the taste. I obviously can't add any sugar to sweeten it up so it is a little drier that I like but still good.
A friend of mine told me he jacks up the sugar in his cider to about 1lb/gallon and uses WLP002, an English ale yeast. He says it poops out a little early and leaves some sweetness. Perhaps I'll try that.
I still have 5 gallons that I made two years ago that is sweeter than hell. I added Splenda, which I will never do again. I have been making graff and will bottle some this weekend. I'm going to try to blend different amounts inbottles and see what happens. This has been one long never ending experiment.
"Your HYDROMETER is the only BEST indicator of fermentation activity. Nothing else is accurate or consistent"...Revvy