Bottle this week or next week? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Bottle this week or next week?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
waskelton4
 
waskelton4's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2006
Jackson, MS
Posts: 232
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts



Ok team.. here is the deal.

I have a hefe in primary that will have been there a full week tomorrow. My initial plan was to leave it be for another week and then bottle.

My birthday is three weeks away and I think my wife is having a party here at the house for me.

Would it be better for me to bottle sometime this weekend and let it carbonate/conditon for three weeks or should i leave it in the primary for another week and let it have two in teh bottles. (this won't be the only brew at the party.. but i'd like to show off my first "experiement" in good fashion)

I just went and counted 6 bubbles in one minute on the airlock.. after doing that i'm pretty much set to leave it another week...

It is also worth noting that there is still a good bit of gooey bready yeasty foamy stuff on the top of the beer. it doesn't look very appealing.. i'll try and take a picture of it to show. I would have thought that the kreausen would have fallen and dissapated by now.. i guess not.

also.. the brew has been around 64-66 deg for the past 4 days..

thanks for the advice all..

ws


__________________
BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!!

Primary - AHS Mild Ale

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:22 PM   #2
El Pistolero
 
El Pistolero's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Posts: 3,585
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Given your loc, I'd wait another week before you bottle. Your brew will benefit from 2 weeks in secondary, and if you put it somewhere warm, two weeks ought to be enough for good carbonation this time of year.


__________________
[/I] Up Next - Hobgoblin
After That - Czech Pilsner
Primary - Humboldt Hop Rod (4/24)
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
waskelton4
 
waskelton4's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2006
Jackson, MS
Posts: 232
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero
Given your loc, I'd wait another week before you bottle. Your brew will benefit from 2 weeks in secondary, and if you put it somewhere warm, two weeks ought to be enough for good carbonation this time of year.
gotcha..
I think i'll stick to that ..
I don't actually have a secondary.. it is still in the primary fermenter but i don't think that changes anything..

Thanks!
ws
__________________
BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!!

Primary - AHS Mild Ale

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
uglygoat
 
uglygoat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Clebland, OH
Posts: 2,765
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


leave it two or three weeks in the primary, then bottle it... no sense in rushing it into the bottles, only to open them too soon for green/flat beer.
__________________
A barrel of malt, a bushel of hops, you stir it around with a stick
The kind of lubrication to make your engine tick

never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One week in the bottle. bsruther Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 6 03-25-2009 01:22 AM
Tried 1 Bottle after 1 Week BearsWickedBrew Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 16 08-07-2008 10:15 PM
What's best: week at room temp or week in fridge? novafire Bottling/Kegging 3 07-20-2008 08:00 PM
In the bottle for one week. Todd Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 17 08-21-2006 04:53 PM
One Week in the Bottle ... JimiGibbs Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 6 02-05-2006 04:01 AM


Forum Jump