Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First lager, tastes great!

Old 04-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
mysterio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default First lager, tastes great!

Just racked the Pilsner Urquell clone I started a couple of weeks ago and I can't believe how good it tastes! It was also my first mini-mash. Loads of things went wrong at the time: my equipment was home-made and primative - I ended up with a really watery mash trying to regulate the temp; I used English crystal malt which I thought at the time made it way too dark; and I missed my OG by a fair amount. After all that though it tastes exactly what I think a proper Pils tastes & smells like and as it turns out in the glass it had a pleasant golden colour. I also didn't detect any esters or diacetyl so I'm not bothering with a rest. Hopefully it will be amazing after a month of lagering in the garage!

I couldn't have done a lager or a mash without this forum so thanks guys!

Old 04-27-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Kaiser
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Glad we could help

Kai