Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Greetings from CT

Old 11-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
jwenker1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Greetings from CT

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just got back into brewing after 2 years off and I am really happy I found this site. When I was brewing before I really could have used this site. I have picked up more information from everyone here in the past month than I had the previous 2 years. I purchased a 5 gal keg system about one month ago and I am in love. I am not knocking bottles but I find I have much more time to brew and consume the fruits of my labor with the keg. I have an IPA carbing now that I think I am going to be really happy with, I dry hopped with amarillo and wow what a nice citrusy flavor. Anyway just wanted to say Hi, look forward to chatting with all of you.

James

In Keg- Numero UNO IPA

James W.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:29 AM   #2
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts
Likes Given: 6068

Greetings from New London, welcome to HBT. I have an IPA bottled right now that I also dry hopped with Amarillo. The cast off from my last gravity tasted a lot like Harpoon IPA. PM me if you want to swap or even have a brew day. There's no clubs near me so it would be good to interact with other brewers.

-AJ

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 11-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Joe C
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Welcome to HBT! Trumbull here.
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
MikeRLynch

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Rocky Hill here, welcome to the boards! What homebrew store do you use?

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Old 11-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
jwenker1
Recipes 

Mike,

I have been using maltose express for the past few months. I used to use northern brewer and other mail suppliers but I think it is worth the ride to Monroe. I got my keg system from them too and am very happy w/ the system and the price. Let me know how the oatmeal/coffee stout turns out, I've been toying with a recipe like that for a while. good to meet you, keep in touch.

In Keg- Numero UNO IPA

James W.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3586 Times on 3461 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwenker1 View Post
Mike,

I have been using maltose express for the past few months. I used to use northern brewer and other mail suppliers but I think it is worth the ride to Monroe. I got my keg system from them too and am very happy w/ the system and the price. Let me know how the oatmeal/coffee stout turns out, I've been toying with a recipe like that for a while. good to meet you, keep in touch.
If you don't mind, what did you fork over for the keg system? I use Maltose too was looking into this a bit.

Welcome.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #7
jwenker1
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
If you don't mind, what did you fork over for the keg system? I use Maltose too was looking into this a bit.

Welcome.
This could be off a little bit but I think everything was around $175. That is the complete system with a used 5 gal keg, 2 dial regulator, and a full c02 tank, all I needed to do was find a fridge. I thought about getting the system for a while, then one day I just did it and I love it. I think their website has the price of the full kit.

In Keg- Numero UNO IPA

James W.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3586 Times on 3461 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwenker1 View Post
This could be off a little bit but I think everything was around $175. That is the complete system with a used 5 gal keg, 2 dial regulator, and a full c02 tank, all I needed to do was find a fridge. I thought about getting the system for a while, then one day I just did it and I love it. I think their website has the price of the full kit.
Thanks. I've stopped visting their website because it is never updated. Store rocks, website blows.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #9
Joe C
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Agreed. Their website is not impressive. They've had a hop tasting on their website since i started brewing... don't really know when it is. They also haven't changed their address on the website. Good thing I know where it is.
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
Joe C
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I actually just stopped in there for some grain bags, and the place already looks great! The place is filling in nicely, and they're always very nice in there. I didn't realize that if you bring in grains you can use their in-house mill. That is definitely nice to know!