This is one of my favorite dishes. It goes best with boiled new potatoes.
I am not really good at typing these kind of things up, but well here is my best shot. Apparentely, Nixon liked this.
- 2-3 Heads of broccoli
- 2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, or 3 Small ones
Boil chicken for 25 minutes or until no pink.
Steam broccoli, then drain and place in 9" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
"Cube" chicken into pieces slightly larger than a sugar cube. Place chicken on top of broccoli.
Mix following ingredients in large bowl to form sauce;
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (Hellmanns works best)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- Lemon Juice (1 tsp to 1 tbsp) for flavour
After sauce is mixed pour over chicken and broccoli in baking pan, poke around so that sauce mixes in, but don't stir as it will ruin the layering.
- Liberally shake Parmesan cheese over top.
- Tear up 2-3 slices of bread into bread crumbs like pieces and place on top of cheese.
Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees Celcius until hot in the middle.