Some 17 yr. old Punk drank my beer! - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Some 17 yr. old Punk drank my beer!

Old 04-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
Ivan Lendl

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Wimbledon Finals
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

actually him and a few of his friends are the only ones at my work who WILL drink it. Its funny all the 'adults' are beer snobs, and look down on homebrewing and say things like, "you make your own beer?...i bet its not good though!" They think that if it doesnt taste as 'good' as busch, then its not up to thier standards...by contrast my mohawked, doc marten shoed, sub-human patch wearing coworker LOVEs it.(hes not just a stupid kid looking for a cheap buzz either, hes lived in Germany and knows good beer)...

i have to agree with Pete Townshend...The kids ARE allright!
Up next: Configuration 9

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 04-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
cweston

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Manhattan, KS
Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts

Funny--my coworkers tend to have just the opposite reaction. They always seem to eagerly anticipate the opportunities they get to sample my wares.

This may because I already had a reputation as a good cook and a bit of a beer/wine snob before I took up homebrewing, so they probably assume that I wouldn't offer to share if the beer weren't good.

Primary: none
Secondary:
Bottle conditioning: Robust Porter
Drinking: Saison Dupont clone, tripel
Coming soon: Columbus APA, Rich Red ale

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 04-25-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
Nate

Recipes 

Nov 2005
Virginia
Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

It's funny when people "see the light". I had an old friend over a couple weeks ago who doesn't even like darker beers... he fell in love with our Scotch ale and is still talking about it. Unfortunately, there will always be those close-minded types who consider Busch/Bud/Miller to be "real beer". Poor souls...

Old 04-25-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
Caplan
Recipes 

Aug 2005
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Borg
i have to agree with Pete Townshend...The kids ARE allright!
Don't go shouting quotes like that to him though..... It really shows your age

Old 04-27-2006, 03:28 AM   #5
speed
Recipes 

Apr 2006
western nebr, in the middle of the sandhills
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My kids are always asking me to share my beers with them, they are becoming quite the beer snobs, when i was their age i thought natural ice was a good beer.
By the way the kids are old enough to drink legally.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:55 AM   #6
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
By the way the kids are old enough to drink legally.

IMHO, it doesn't matter how old they are. They're YOUR kids; if you think they can have a beer then they can have a beer.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 04-27-2006, 12:49 PM   #7
JRGSPE73

Recipes 

Apr 2006
West Conshohocken, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablrbrau
IMHO, it doesn't matter how old they are. They're YOUR kids; if you think they can have a beer then they can have a beer.
I agree...I've been drinking since I was 15 (I'm 24 now), with my parents permission. They always made sure I was very responsible about it (i.e. if I had friends over they weren't allowed to drive home, etc). They figured, I'll probably be drinking anyway (which I would have ), so they might as well make sure I'm being responsible about it. I think parents get too uptight about alcohol; they drill the "evils" of it into their kids heads so much, that of course the kids are going to want to try it.

"You sir, are drunk!"
"And you ma'am, are ugly, but when I wake up, I will be sober..."
-Sir Winston Churchill

Primary #1:
Air
Primary #2 (Plastic): Air
Secondary: Air
Bottled/Conditioning:

Bottled/Drinking: Nut Brown Ale (First Batch), Copperhead Amber Ale (Delicious!)
On The Horizon: Procrastination IPA, DunkelWeizen, Belgian Wit, Caramel Vanilla Creme Ale, Mocha Espresso Porter