Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > How long can I keep slurry before washing it?

Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
climateboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default How long can I keep slurry before washing it?

Hi, all. I'm going to rack a beer tonight, and I want to do my first yeast wash, but I may not have time tonight. How long, and under what conditions, can I keep the slurry for?

Thanks,

CB

Join DC Homebrewers

"Fermentation Without Representation"
(C)

Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
Jonnio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you leave a small amount of beer on top and keep it sealed at ferm temp and an airlock on it you should be ok for a week. I am going to pitch on an old yeast cake tomorrow if the beer on top still taste ok
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...