Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > is this ok?

Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 AM   #1
dcr42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default is this ok?

ok so i just started my first batch so i'm paranoid about everything ever.

heres my problem:

i dont have a measuring cup or anything so to measure out the 3.5 gallons of water i needed to put in the fermenter i went out and bout a new gallon of water from the store (in a plastic jug) and i poured that in, and then filled it up 2.5 more times and poured that in.

now my concern with that is that i never sterilized the jug i used to pour in the water. i didn't realize this until it was too late and im hoping that since it was a new bottle that it might have been sterilized by whoever bottled it, but im worried about it. is this going to be a serious problem?

thank you

Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #2
irunxcjm
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You should be fine. I did the same thing several times and everything turned out fine. It would probably be best if you did sanitize it, but don't worry about it.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
Bob
Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 36

RDWHAHB!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
Bach7210
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcr42 View Post

now my concern with that is that i never sterilized the jug i used to pour in the water. i didn't realize this until it was too late and im hoping that since it was a new bottle that it might have been sterilized by whoever bottled it, but im worried about it. is this going to be a serious problem? thank you
I do this everytime I brew. You'll be fine. If it still bothers you, alter your technique next time and sterilize the jug. I'd be very surprised if you have any problems. In about 4 weeks you'll be drinking your own beer. Enjoy!