Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > finally got an AG set up

Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
Gumbys_Brew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default finally got an AG set up

i finaly got around to making an all grain setup can't wait to use it. it's gravity system for now and consist of two 5 gallon igloo coolers for the HLT and Mash Tun.

tomorrow morning i'll start my brew making an american brown ale for my first AG

Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
G-E-R-M-A-N
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sweet. I am excited myself going to try my 1st all grain on mon. I have starter on stirplate, and going to do a test run on new chiller early mon. It adds a level of difficulty when you make equipment changes.

Good luck with the brew.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:25 AM   #3
Gumbys_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

thanks and good luck with yours as well. i see you're from houston what part of houston are you in? i'm near the med center

Old 11-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
alz28
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey fellas I'm from Houston as well and going to brew my 2nd AG batch in several hours. I just got my AG setup done a few weeks back and my first batch (Belgiam Wit O ring Ale) was racked into the secondary today and the hydrometer reading samples tasted great. I'm at 4% alc right now. Let me know how your first batch turns out. On another note I have it set up to send me a e-mail when someone replies to a post I did and I'm not getting a e-mail. Maby I don't have my settings right.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
korndog

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz28 View Post
On another note I have it set up to send me a e-mail when someone replies to a post I did and I'm not getting a e-mail. Maby I don't have my settings right.
That feature has never worked for me.

Twitter: LarryKonis

Old 11-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Gumbys_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz28 View Post
Hey fellas I'm from Houston as well and going to brew my 2nd AG batch in several hours. I just got my AG setup done a few weeks back and my first batch (Belgiam Wit O ring Ale) was racked into the secondary today and the hydrometer reading samples tasted great. I'm at 4% alc right now. Let me know how your first batch turns out. On another note I have it set up to send me a e-mail when someone replies to a post I did and I'm not getting a e-mail. Maby I don't have my settings right.
sounds good let me know how the Belgiam Wit O ring Ale comes out my next batch i was thinking of doing a belgian double bock or pale ale.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #7
Gumbys_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

completed my first AG have to say i like it alot more than extract brewing. more hands on and more time to drink beer. fly sparging took a some playing around with to get it just right. now i'm just waiting on fermentation to take action and keg in a few weeks