Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Hello from CT
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
thakoolaidkid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Shelton, CT
Posts: 75
Default Hello from CT

Good afternoon from CT!

I've been a reader of this forum for the last week or so and have decided to join since starting my first batch on Sunday afternoon.

I am currently brewing my first homebrew, a clone of Brooklyn Brown Ale, and have a few questions that I'm sure you all have had. I will most likely be in the Beginner forum asking later on.

But for now, hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give!


thakoolaidkid is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
shecky
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shecky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watertown, CT
Posts: 38,739
Liked 3588 Times on 3463 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Welcome fellow Nutmegger.
Where in CT?


shecky is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
thakoolaidkid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Shelton, CT
Posts: 75
Default

I live in Shelton, so not too far from Watertown. Where do you normally go for supplies?

Also, to all, here is a link to my first post. Any help would be appreciated: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/two-...53/#post924595

Thanks!
thakoolaidkid is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
shecky
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shecky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watertown, CT
Posts: 38,739
Liked 3588 Times on 3463 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakoolaidkid View Post
I live in Shelton, so not too far from Watertown. Where do you normally go for supplies?

Also, to all, here is a link to my first post. Any help would be appreciated: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/two-...53/#post924595

Thanks!
Maltose in Monroe. Good folks there.
shecky is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
thakoolaidkid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Shelton, CT
Posts: 75
Default

Oh looks like I found the right place then. I was surprised to hear they're pretty much the biggest homebrew supply shop in CT. It's so close it's great. Just a heads up that they did move their location about a week ago. They are now in the ACE Hardware shopping center next to Senor Panchos, the new store looks great.
thakoolaidkid is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #6
shecky
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shecky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watertown, CT
Posts: 38,739
Liked 3588 Times on 3463 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakoolaidkid View Post
Oh looks like I found the right place then. I was surprised to hear they're pretty much the biggest homebrew supply shop in CT. It's so close it's great. Just a heads up that they did move their location about a week ago. They are now in the ACE Hardware shopping center next to Senor Panchos, the new store looks great.
Yeah, last time I was there a few weeks ago the old spot was in a shambles as they were in the process of moving. Good to know they finally moved.

They are big and extremely helpful, for the most part. There is a good place in Willimantic, can't recall the name offhand, if you're ever up that way. I stop in now and again because I spend a lot of time at UConn.
shecky is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
Joe C
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gate City
Posts: 1,104
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Hello from Trumbull.

Maltose is great. If you're lucky the puppy is running around... she's getting HUGE!

Nice people there, and always willing to help. We should get a big group of people and try and get some discounts from them
__________________
Sláinte
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!
Joe C is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
thakoolaidkid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Shelton, CT
Posts: 75
Default

Nice to see more CT people here. I love their dogs, I was buying a big mixing spoon for my first batch and the puppy was all over me trying to get it like it was her bone. That discount idea sounds like a good idea, we just have to sell them on it.
__________________
__________________________

1st batch (Bottled): Brooklyn Brown Ale clone
2nd batch (Bottled): Spiced Winter Warmer Ale
3rd batch: hmmm...
thakoolaidkid is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #9
shecky
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shecky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watertown, CT
Posts: 38,739
Liked 3588 Times on 3463 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
Hello from Trumbull.

Maltose is great. If you're lucky the puppy is running around... she's getting HUGE!

Nice people there, and always willing to help. We should get a big group of people and try and get some discounts from them
I'm in for that. I've got two neighbors who frequent Maltose, too.
shecky is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #10
Joe C
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gate City
Posts: 1,104
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I have a lot of grain at the moment (crystal, black, chocolate) but I need a mill before I can use them...

We definitely should get a brewday going. Make them host it at maltose


__________________
Sláinte
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!
Joe C is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS