El Hefe is Angry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unkle Danky

Reaction score
So I brewed a bavarian hefe on friday night. Saturday I had a ton of action in the carboy, sunday the same. Monday when I got home from work it was about 1 bubble a sec so still real active but no blow off so I popped in the airlock. Woke up this morning and it had nearly blown the stopper out of the carboy. I hooked up the blowoff to be safe. This afternoon I came home from work and and there was about a bubble every 2-3 sec. I hooked up the airlock again so that I could clean the blowoff hose. Just checked on it and the same thing happened. I am only using a 5gal carboy right now so I know there is not much headspace for a 5gal brew. Is this whats causing it? The temp in the laundry room is a constant 68-69 all day. I guess i didnt think it would be this active for 4 days. I dont have a hydrometer yet so if there is another way to know whats going on in there let me know. Im not worried, I am relaxed, and I am having the best brew I can find here in the middle of nowhere. Just curious as to what might be happening.

hahahaha

No se preoccoupes (sp?)! Don't worry man. It happens to the best of us. My advice is to brew another beer ASAP! :mug:

Well I just moved here about 2 months ago and my wife is still in Florida until Jan. Doesnt help that I have a ton of tattoos and I am surrounded by.... not tattooed people. And I should be brewing my second batch this friday. I got the Fat Tire clone form Austin Homebrew.

Well I just moved here about 2 months ago and my wife is still in Florida until Jan. Doesnt help that I have a ton of tattoos and I am surrounded by.... not tattooed people. And I should be brewing my second batch this friday. I got the Fat Tire clone form Austin Homebrew.

Are you hearing banjos playing? :cross: Sounds like the yeasties got a little gas and once they expelled it they went back to the all you can eat buffet. I'm sure it's fine. :D

Reminds me of a classic Chris Farley Bit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEoHz56jWGY]YouTube - El Nino[/ame]

Todos los gatos en las montanas tienen pantalones negros y sumbreros be christmas. Little rusty but I think this means good night and thanks for the reply.

Let's see; I believe you said "all of the cats in the mountains have black pants and hats." Su Espaniol es malo, pero es bueno pero un gringo. Bueno suarte!

^ I thought he was saying something about cats and hats. I wasn't sure if my spanish was that rusty or if he was being a smart@$$.

Oh wow, all the Spanish in here is pretty good for non-fluent speakers. You guys are close on most of it.

Calmate, solo necesitas esperar... mas tiempo... mas tiempo amigo. Sientase, beber una cerveza, no to preocupes.

Back