I'm brewing again??? Maybe... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I'm brewing again??? Maybe...

Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2007
, Boston Bomber#1 place of death...
Liked 171 Times on 132 Posts

I've brewed a batch of beer three weekends in a row. 2 extracts and my first all grain. I really want to brew another batch this weekend but WTF. 4 weeks in a row. It's not all about drinking the beer. I really like to brew.. Now that I'm doing all grain it's a whole new world. It's so much fun..How many weekends have you brewed in a row..??

My wife told me to go for it..I really like her.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
zac
Thread Killer

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Marion. Va
Liked 153 Times on 150 Posts

I've brewed for a month straight before. every weekend for 6 weeks was my record thus far, but of course I have went 3 months without brewing a thing. Then there was the weekend I brewed 7 beers in one weekend.

No worries.

Zac

Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
mysteryberto

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Oregon
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I've been brewing every weekend for the last 3 weeks. Want to make it 4 but it's likely the weather won't cooperate. My thinking is that I need to get a beer pipeline going so stuff has plenty of time to age. Also want to get beer brewed before it gets really cold and wet outside.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
zac
Thread Killer

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Marion. Va
Liked 153 Times on 150 Posts

Another thread at least mostly killed by zac.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 AM   #5
billtzk
Recipes 

Apr 2007
Dallas
Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts

That's an artful way to bump a thread, zac.

I have been brewing a new 10 gallon batch every other weekend since the beginning of September, but now I'm going to be on hold for several weeks due to work.

I can't brew every weekend. I just have a single fermenter (14.5 gallon conical) and fermentation is not normally complete in only seven days.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:00 AM   #6
FreakinA
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Tempe, Arizona
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have brewed twice a week recently. I just keep buying fermenters when Im bored and just brew. I did my fourth batch the other day, and I have a fermenter free, 5th batch is tomorrow, and my IPA is ready for secondary so once I do that Ill brew the sixth. Prolly this weekend. 2 a week and I have hardly drinken any.
Guy Fawkes Pale Ale
Bottled:
Gunslinger Pale
Elephantine Pale Ale
On Tap
60 Minute IPA

Old 11-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #7
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Pflugerville, Texas
Liked 116 Times on 70 Posts

Well my streak came to an end when I burned myself with my wort chiller a few weekends ago. SWMBO was out of town for a few days so I took advantage of the empty house and did two PM batches yesterday and today. Dang, now I need some help emptying kegs again. Y'all are welcome to help me out in that dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd