Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > How do you guys make these INCREDIBLE label graphics?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:23 AM   #11
mttewes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I do most of my labels in Photoshop but just for fun I've done a few labels in MS Paint. Yes that's right, PAINT. See below.. label was completely drawn in paint, with the mouse. It's no work of art but it was a lot of fun to draw!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #12
Pickngrin
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Wow, Mttewes, that is a great label!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
cabot
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I created my labels with adobe photoshop and adobe illustrator. I occasionally work in 3d graphics from 3dsmax. Its all just a matter of what you're comfortable working with. Great images can come from anywhere!
O'Maolagain Donegal Red

Go confindently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

Old 10-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Nanik006
Recipes 

ok, here's a question ... how do you guys apply your labels? i've seen something about milk, but i couldn't find it in a search?

here's the label i made up for my brew thats gonna happen next week ....

Old 10-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #15
Danek
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanik006 View Post
ok, here's a question ... how do you guys apply your labels? i've seen something about milk, but i couldn't find it in a search?
I print the labels on normal paper using a color printer, cut them out, then brush the back with milk and stick it straight to the bottle. It works brilliantly, and may just be my favorite thing that I learned on these forums.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #16
DeuceDeuce41
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttewes View Post
I do most of my labels in Photoshop but just for fun I've done a few labels in MS Paint. Yes that's right, PAINT. See below.. label was completely drawn in paint, with the mouse. It's no work of art but it was a lot of fun to draw!

haha, nice utilization ms paint! I often times use paint over CAD to do a lot of small drawings, and get similar if not better results, and people will still ask, wow, did you use CAD for this. Yoooou betcha.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #17
Pickngrin
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ok...I am still amazed by the labels you guys are making. I found this image that I'd like to incorporate into a label. I want the background of the image to take up the entire area of the label. How can I stretch the background without distorting the picture? Also, does it make more sense to use GIMP, Inkscape, or Paint.net?

Thanks!