Who drinks beer everyday ??? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Who drinks beer everyday ???

Old 10-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
BrianTheBrewer
Recipes 

Feb 2008
San Diego CA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just wondering who here comes home after work and has a brew everyday or evening ? My fiance tells me thats its not good to have a brew everyday and that I drink to much because I have one or two with dinner or after dinner. Yes she may be right that its not good after dinner but before dinner or with dinner in my opinion is not that bad. Now if your drinking 6-10 beers every night that may not be that good for you but I have read 1-2 is not that bad. I try not to drink every night for that matter and I am also trying to have 1-2 beers every other night.

Help me out here so I can keep her quiet...

"Good people drink good beer" - Hunter S. Thompson

http://brianthebrewer.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/BrianTheBrewer
http://www.chugsd.com
http://www.quaff.org/

Old 10-27-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Parker36
Recipes 

Sep 2007
Lesotho
Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

I try to have atleast one every night. Nothing wrong with it and studies have shown that a little beer or wine every day or every other day is good for you. At the very least it is better for you than drinking a bunch of teeth rotting sodas everyday.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3183 Times on 1883 Posts

I'm one to two every night...maybe three, but not more than that on a weeknight.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Boodlemania
Recipes 

Jul 2008
East TN
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm a one/night guy after the kids are put to bed.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2005
brantford,ontario
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i skip two weekdays just to prove to myself i can

Old 10-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

Guilty most of the time, but not always. Sometimes I don't drink for days.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1654 Times on 1069 Posts

I average one or two a night and there are a lot of days that I have none. I'd guess my weekly average is about 7 pints.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #8
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 147 Times on 119 Posts

I am at the 1-3 range every week-night. +1 on the health. I don't drink soda or generally anything other than coffee, beer, and juice/water. I am positive this is WAY healthier than people who drink soda. Beer is good for you, plain and simple. I just had my liver checked and it is in way better shape than most people. I think I was placed in the 90th percentile for liver and kidney health. So answer that with the your drinking is bad for you.

It is a touchy subject though. People who come from homes where alcohol was abused or homes where alcohol was treated as evil have a natural aversion to it. Even if they drink on weekends it is not normal to just have a beer just because. Try to help her get over this view point by pointing out how healthy it is and how when enjoyed responsibly is not something to be looked at as a bad thing. I drink beer at all times of the day on weekends, because I would rather have a beer than another beverage.

At the same time, I don't go get plowed very often so I have a strong argument about my responsible drinking.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

I TRY to drink some every night....that **** isn't going to drink itself ya know!

And as far as her telling you what is or isn't good for you...keep in mind that her heart is in the right place...but her head may not be. Even with studies that prove that a moderate amount of alcohol can be good for you, no doctor in his right mind will admit it, because then when you end up a lush, you sue the Dr. for telling you it's ok.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
Slappy White
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Columbia, SC

I pretty much do one a night during the weekdays....but the weekends are a completely different story....