I got about 4 hours sleep last night, and brewed today. I wish I had waited till tomorrow.
I mash on the stove top so I can adjust the mash temp easily. (Add cold water or apply gentle heat as necessary). As usual, I needed to apply some heat, but I forgot to turn the heat off
I found this out 30 minutes later when I went to check the temp.
Then the rubber bung came out of mny lauter tun.
(fortunately before I had added the mash)
For some reason, the sparge went much faster than normal. It usually takes me 90 mins, but I dozed off and woke up to find an extra 1/2 gallon in the kettle after only 50 minutes.
Finally, I racked 6.5 gal of Iodophor into a 6 gal bucket
and now have a beautifully sanitized kitchen floor.
I lost some efficiency through the mash/sparge problems, but not too bad.
Hope it turns out OK