Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I want to make a starter from commercial bottle yeast sediment...
Old 10-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default I want to make a starter from commercial bottle yeast sediment...

What are the recommendations? I tried searching out a good thread, but couldn't really find one.

I'm going to be brewing a nice dark dubbel next weekend and I have a few bottles of Bell's Hell Hath No Fury that I would like to harvest the yeast from. What's the best method? I have a 2000ml flask, yeast nutrient, and a LHBS somewhat handy if I need something else.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
Burrowing Owl Brewery
Liked 49 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Try here
How to Brew - By John Palmer - Yeast from Commercial Beers
Old 10-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Liked 2910 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 3534

Search on here for "bottle harvest pacman" or "Pacman Video"...there's a ton of info on here about it..We were doing it awhile back with rogue's yeast.
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew