High post count does not equal brewing knowledge - Page 11 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > High post count does not equal brewing knowledge

Old 10-22-2008, 03:23 AM   #101
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster View Post
I think we would all like to know.
Ok...so how many of you post that many times a day....you know I pissed him off somehow...I gotta check...he's only got 34 posts...I can track it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous Brewer View Post
Don't take this as gospel, as I only brew beer but:

Stabilizing is used to inhibit bacteria and mold growth. I personally would not count our wine out however. There is a chance that nothing is wrong so I would progress as normal (maybe sneak a taster to verify) and carry on. What's the wost that can happen?
AND HIS INFO SUCKS!!! Who can point out what is wrong with this post? Maybe not dead wrong...but certainly NOT 100% accurate! Guess he should not throw rocks in his glass house!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:30 AM   #102
The Pol
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Liked 96 Times on 81 Posts

I am glad that I have so many posts... my beer gets better with each post!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:32 AM   #103
s3n8
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Haymarket VA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I personally like the guys who feel the need to post in every thread. I can think of 2 or 3 who I see in every freakin thread I read, but contribute little of value. Sometimes I feel dumber after reading those people's posts, so I learn who to skip over. Avatar association works for me, note to the smart people (and the dummies): stop changing avatars, it helps us n00bs make snap decisions whether to read two paragraphs of your mental droppings

Old 10-22-2008, 03:33 AM   #104
rabidgerbil

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Seattle, Washington
Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts

Has someone been going around pissing in peoples Wheaties lately, or what?
Seems to be a few post lately that are ranting about things that just don't make any sense to me at all...

but the, I have not even reached 1K yet on my postings, so what do I know...

Old 10-22-2008, 03:48 AM   #105
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Apr 2008
New Bern, NC
Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerbil View Post
but the, I have not even reached 1K yet on my postings, so what do I know...
Nothing, obviously. Haven't you even been reading this thread?
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 AM   #106
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1695 Times on 1089 Posts

I think he wants everyone to preface any and all advice or responses with "I'm not an expert so don't take this as gospel, but IMHO..." and any other self defaming disclaimer you can think of. The fact is, the only reason some heavy users like me skip that nonsense sometimes is because most people already know I'm full of sh!t and don't need the warning.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:06 AM   #107
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
I think he wants everyone to preface any and all advice or responses with "I'm not an expert so don't take this as gospel, but IMHO..." and any other self defaming disclaimer you can think of. The fact is, the only reason some heavy users like me skip that nonsense sometimes is because most people already know I'm full of sh!t and don't need the warning.
What if it is gospel...and I've ****ed it up 10,000 times and I know for sure what the right answer is? Should I still post like I don't know?

OH WELL!
I know I'm irritating, and I also know damn good and well that I've helped some people out of some pretty tight jams....
I also know I don't actually get told to STFU very often, but when I do, I try and reel it in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3n8 View Post
I personally like the guys who feel the need to post in every thread. I can think of 2 or 3 who I see in every freakin thread I read, but contribute little of value.

I have no life, and I have no friends. You guys are all I've got...and I like to talk. So...Thanks for putting up with me!

the rest of you can suck my Sparge arm!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:13 AM   #108
rabidgerbil

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Seattle, Washington
Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts

i think i am just going to go stare at pictures of carls new fermenter..
i know i am an expert on that

Old 10-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #109
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3190 Times on 1885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerbil View Post
i think i am just going to go stare at pictures of carls new fermenter..
i know i am an expert on that

That's just the gateway to werider things, we know what come next...Dry Humping Carboys....

Pretty soon, you'll end up like groovepuppy...with a glassy eyed grin.

Did anyone noticed that the OP just "hit and git" with his post...

Can anyone say "Troll Post?"

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #110
s3n8
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Haymarket VA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post

I have no life, and I have no friends. You guys are all I've got...and I like to talk. So...Thanks for putting up with me!

the rest of you can suck my Sparge arm!
HA! It werent you i had in mind when i wrote that. Do me a favor and dont change your avatar anyway so I can steer clear in the debate threads