I tend to be more of an experimentor, trying different ingredients not normally used in wines.
I tried running a quantity of clove wine-about an ounce of powdered clove to a regular 750 bottle. [[I only do small amounts for tests]]. It did not work out but I attributed some of that to having to move twice and being ill at the time and not maintaining temp/light properly/
Recently I started a second test but only using 1tsp of clove and 1tsp of Allspice to 8oz honey.
I used one of the Lavlin yeats. [[Don't know which one...just whatever I grabbed and opened at the moment.]]
[[Stop screaming now. Consider me the Dr, Frankenstein of wine and mead making-dirty lab, body parts of my wine-monsters laying everywhere....
At any rate-the batch fermented for two days and has gone dead. Cloudy as all get out and has a nice aroma but...
Seems the first batch did similar.
My loquat wine did great and was very nice after three years and my honey mesquire wine impressed even my dad who is a gin and tonic man.