Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Good florida beers?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
jspence1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm going to lakeland and orlando SWMBO is there on business and I'm hijacking the room.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #12
bashe
Recipes 

You should stop in at McGuires in Pensacola. Also look for a bottled beer called Emerald Coast. Also if you drive about two hours east of Pensacola to Panama City they have a new place called Pier Park and they have a Hofbrau Beer Garden that is really nice.

Coming Up: Westvleteren 12 clone, Oktoberfast, SWMBO Slayer
Projects: Fermentation Chamber
Beer Blog

Old 10-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
jspence1
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Florida is going great I tried a couple of micros last night at dinner.....not from florida

Full sail brewing sessions amber. I liked this it was easy to drink i could have drank myself into a comma

I also tried my first stout it was a shipyard bluefin stout. I didn't really like this beer is was really smoky. Has anyone else tried this beer? Is this normally what a stout will taste like? I don't want to give up on stouts too soon.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #14
fezzman
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

You could try BJ's Brewpub and Restaurant in Orlando, right off of I4. It is a chain and they don't brew at this branch...their brew is still a winner in my book. I'd drive the hour it takes me each weekend if I could.

You could make a trek over to Yuengling in Tampa/St. Pete area. I took that tour recently and marveled at the 50gal drums of caramel coloring. Of course they didn't point them out...lol I was recently told they use a 60/40 mix of corn syrup/malt. Anybody care to confirm?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #15
jspence1
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzman View Post
You could try BJ's Brewpub and Restaurant in Orlando, right off of I4. It is a chain and they don't brew at this branch...their brew is still a winner in my book. I'd drive the hour it takes me each weekend if I could.

You could make a trek over to Yuengling in Tampa/St. Pete area. I took that tour recently and marveled at the 50gal drums of caramel coloring. Of course they didn't point them out...lol I was recently told they use a 60/40 mix of corn syrup/malt. Anybody care to confirm?

I wish I had seen this yesterday I'm flying home today and won't have the time to make it to tampa. I asked around yesterday for some good places to check out everyone looked at me like I was crazy, I guess they aren't used to people asking for anything other than mickey mouse.