Strong Bitter Common Room ESB - Page 45 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Strong Bitter Common Room ESB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #441
flipfloptan
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
upstate of SC
Posts: 299
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts


Thanks for the recipe. Placing order with Brewmasters for next weekend brew day. Going with a washed White labs English ale yeast from my soon to be kegged British Mild.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 AM   #442
tcat63
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Posts: 2

Brewed on Sunday, everything went great! Was going to sub some Target Hops for Goldings, but decided to stick with the recipe. Fermentor is bubbling away

Can't wait to taste the final product.

Looking for a good Red recipe with a little hop finish.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #443
bottlebomber
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat63
Looking for a good Red recipe with a little hop finish.
Not to go OT but I just created this one and it turned out phenomenal.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #444
KingBrianI
Recipes 
 
May 2008
Durham, NC
Posts: 3,514
Liked 108 Times on 69 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Not to go OT but I just created this one and it turned out phenomenal.
Awesome!
__________________
I'm too lazy and have too many beers going to keep updating this!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #445
atimmerman88
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
Quad Cities
Posts: 1,257
Liked 390 Times on 255 Posts


I searched around and didn't see anything in the posts, didn't time to flip through all 45 pages.

Planning to brew this tomorrow, I picked up all the supplies this morning but the LHBS didn't have UK 2-Row.

From what I've read, it seems some say that they are very different and some that the difference is not so great. They didn't have MO either.

Is it worth it to brew this w/ US 2-row or is the flavor profile going to be off?

Apologies in advance if this as previously been answered.
__________________
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Untapped

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #446
HBrew71
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Sugar Land
Posts: 221
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by atimmerman88 View Post
I searched around and didn't see anything in the posts, didn't time to flip through all 45 pages.

Planning to brew this tomorrow, I picked up all the supplies this morning but the LHBS didn't have UK 2-Row.

From what I've read, it seems some say that they are very different and some that the difference is not so great. They didn't have MO either.

Is it worth it to brew this w/ US 2-row or is the flavor profile going to be off?

Apologies in advance if this as previously been answered.
I will still be good but the profile will be different.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #447
atimmerman88
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
Quad Cities
Posts: 1,257
Liked 390 Times on 255 Posts


Worth it to invest to ingredients and time?


Or just brew up a pale with the 10#
__________________
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Untapped

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #448
HBrew71
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Sugar Land
Posts: 221
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Don't get me wrong .. it will still be very good. Just not the this ESB. But will still be totally worth it -- it is your beer. If you want to try THIS beer though, you should wait until you get some MO (UK 2 row).

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #449
daggers_nz
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Auckland, NZ
Posts: 267
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts


I made this about 1.5months ago, currently pouring. it's pretty good but I stupidly dry-hopped and it's too aromatic for a British Ale. Really good colour though

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #450
bottlebomber
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by daggers_nz
I made this about 1.5months ago, currently pouring. it's pretty good but I stupidly dry-hopped and it's too aromatic for a British Ale. Really good colour though
That's exactly what I did delicious, but took it off style. That's ok though because this beer will keep for awhile and that will die down.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Common cause of low SG? Edbert Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 17 02-14-2014 09:25 PM
ca common help shawnstr71 General Beer Discussion 10 11-22-2013 03:12 PM
my interpertation of the common room ESB. dkm11b All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 3 12-04-2012 03:35 AM
Brewery Setup - Poll on preferences - Tasting Room or No Tasting Room? jdlev General Beer Discussion 21 06-16-2011 01:33 AM
two room cold room plan Brewpastor Fermenters 23 08-03-2010 05:08 PM


Forum Jump