Rant= NO YOU Don't need to know! - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Rant= NO YOU Don't need to know!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:53 AM   #1
NJTomatoguy

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Maple Shade NJ
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Why is it that everyone at work feels the need to find out every friggin detail
of my life?

You have kids. God Bless. I don't. I don't care to know about your kids every
waking moment in detail.

You are married. I'm not. I really don't care about your ****ty marriage.

Your broke. Sorry, but you are doing something wrong. Figure it out. Fix it.

Yes I quit. Yes, they invited me back. TWICE.

Why did I come back? Unless you're F#$&^%$ me, or paying my bills, you don't need to know.

Is anyone else frustrated with thefact that because you work with people, they feel the need to know every intimate detail of your life?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:55 AM   #2
lapaglia
Recipes 

May 2008
Denver, Colorado
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Television news has made people feel they have the right to know everything about everything.
On Deck: 90 Shilling Clone

Old 10-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #3
Bruscar
Eat, drink, repeat
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Covina, CA

Personally, I don't give a rat's a$$ about you. Feel better? Just trying to do my part.
: Red Tail clone - back to basics time
Up next: Red's Irish cousin
Then: Who knows

New motto (T'anks, Newguy!)
"for the love of all that is good and holy...NEVER DUMP YOUR BEER!!"

Old 10-11-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
Bedlam

Recipes 

Dec 2006
East Tennessee
Liked 54 Times on 37 Posts

Yeah, some folks are so locked into their meager existence that they feel everyone else is dying to know what their cat hocked up last night.

Sad.

Not that I don't care, but I don't get nosy and I find it odd that folks will ask WAY PERSONAL questions when they barely know me. I often wondered if it was a sexist thing, so your post heartens me a bit.

For instance, just this week, a person who I rarely work with was asking me when I would be having children. I looked her dead in the eye and told her that not every childless couple is that way by choice. I gave it a minute to sink in. To her credit, she did have the good sense to be embarrassed.

Geez.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:07 AM   #5
cheeseshark

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Westland, MI
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I like when I'm at work at a time when I'm not typically there, and like ten people come up to me and say, "Oh, what are you doing here?" Well, I'm certainly not here for my health. I would guess that I'm here cause I have to do some "work." Seriously, worry about your own life.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:21 AM   #6
hoss75
Recipes 

Feb 2008
Somerville, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapaglia View Post
Television news has made people feel they have the right to know everything about everything.
Amen. What gets me is how offended people get when you tell them "I really dont like disclosing all ther perosnal details of my life at work".

Old 10-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #7
SnaX
Recipes 

Oct 2008

I'm sure it has to do with a dissatisfaction they have, or feeling a lack of nourishment through communication. It's a way they reach out, it's very interesting when they do. The ones that I could see as bothersome are the ones who have the same issue when they talk to you every time. They possess no self-validation, which is why they bounce thoughts off you. This inability to feel validated by their own decisions means they feel incomplete as people maybe.
They simply may view others as a big-brother figure, or just want friends but don't have the will to take the steps.

Do any of the people who talk to, bring up the same topic over and over again? "I swear I just wanna, but ya know..." they have a problem but are making excuses to avoid the inconvenience of reality.

Anyways, if you are annoyed by them you could simply not fight the fact they exist.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #8
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Yup! it annoys me too! A woman at work does it all the time, especially on a Monday. "So, what did you do this weekend?"....I always dismiss it with answer something to the effect of "Not much" She probably thinks I live an extremely dull life of doing almost nothing day in, day out......And then she bores me into s stupor about all the boring crap SHE did!.....Which always turns out to be a lot more dull than "Not much" I sometimes feel that I would like to drill a hole in her head with her stapler.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #9
Zymurgrafi

Recipes 

Feb 2007
NEK, VT
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome View Post
... I sometimes feel that I would like to drill a hole in her head with her stapler.
Cool. Can you post in on YouTube if you do? We have a right to see it!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Old 10-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
Borisbbadd

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Utah
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

"Not much" oh by the way could you hand me the stapler..........