Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > OMG - My wife likes my beer!!

Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 AM   #31
Toy4Rick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well my wife says all beer tastes like Budweiser, somewhat kidding (i hope) she really doesn't like beer. My daughter in law hated everything I made at first, now she really likes my Hef and Centennial Blonde. She won't drink a whole glass but at least she sips off of my sons.

I think it's an acquired taste for sure, I really couldn't take much hoppiness and now I am developing a taste for it. My last Red Ale which was FWH'd is very good.

Keep at it guys
Toy4Rick

Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 AM   #32
Aleslosh
Recipes 

As an SWMBO myself, I must say, if you have wives who like to cook, they should at least appreciate the art of brewing. I've been brewing for a while now and didn't really appreciate the diversity and complexity (and simplicity of the one-grain quaffing beer) of beer until I started brewing and understanding the science and culinary fun that goes into it (I was a strictly a porter/stout gal myself until I started brewing). I saw a beer in the store the other day called "chick beer" in a pink-purse-covered bottle - held it up to the light and it looked like water. Educate your SWMBOs in the possibilities beyond swill! Never assume they want just "girly" flavored beers, and share with them the process - and remember, not everyone likes beer, and although they should be pitied, they should not be shunned. <steps down from soapbox>

...and my he-who-will-obey just reminded me to thank him for getting me into brewing.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #33
ahaley
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal
Mine will taste everything I make, but in generally doesn't care much for alcohol, and only rarely drinks fruity stuff when the girls are together. She did say that the Blonde was not too bad.

If they made beer that tasted like Mountain Dew, then she'd have it made.
Believe me, I told my wife choose any soda and let's see if we can make it a beer. She chose mt. Dew Baja blast lol. So I'm trying to figure that out! Lemon lime, and berry beer?? I don't think it'll work out..

Old 07-30-2012, 06:11 AM   #34
ahaley
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

When I met my wife she was vegetarian, quiet, didn't play video games, didn't really drink, never shot a gun, and never been camping!

She now eats meat, pretty rare but cooked more than mine, I like my steaks still moo-ing, she's getting less shy and more loud, loves Xbox, loves brewing with me and loves all beers we've tried, wants a henry lever action repeater (brass instead of the blued steel for the action) and likes camping. All it took was.. 1.75 months of dating and Being married for 2 months to achieve this. and supports my decision to join the Army. So pretty much I turned her American