My first (and SECOND) boilover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrp3

Reaction score
Well, I finally got to experience a boilover. And not only did I experience my first boilover, I experienced my second one only about 3 minutes later! Thankfuly I was brewing on the patio instead of inside or SWMBO may have been a little upset when she got home. More likely though, I would have had to put up with her making fun of me, which would have been worse. I've been using a new turkey cooker that a buddy of mine gave me and it cooks a LOT hotter than my old one. I guess that's because the old one was leaking propane around the hose fitting. I discovered that little problem when I looked down and there were flames coming from places flames aren't supposed to come from. Just a little exciting, that day. Well, it's been a long day of brewing/baby sitting so I think I'll take a shower and hit the sack. I'm not sure which one took more out of me!:cross:

I'd stick with the old burner, that way not only would you be participating in home brewing as a hobby but also as an adrenaline sport. Live on the edge dude!:rockin: (now I know what epileptic smiley with hand nailed to wall is for!)

Back