Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Michigan Brewing Company High Seas IPA

Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3140 Times on 2169 Posts
Likes Given: 1916

Default Michigan Brewing Company High Seas IPA

Attended the first annual MBC Appreciation party this past weekend, and after sampling nearly every beer I'd never had, I decided to fill the keg with their High Seas IPA after all.

I like this beer. I used to think I wasn't a hop head, but apparently I'm becoming one. I would give a breakdown of the beer if I had any experience with tasting, but I don't, so I'll just do it the ignorant way and say:

I like this beer.

I tried the belgian wit again and liked it. I tried the Gand Cru and really liked it! I tried the Maibock, Ryebock and they were ok, but I just kept wishing I'd had more IPA, so that is what I brought home.

$40 for your corney filled. Just bring it clean and sanitized. 5 gallons is 640 ounces, divided by 12 is 53 bottles of beer. Let's downgrade that to 50 for simplicity.

That means each bottle's worth of this beer costs: $0.80

That's not bad for a very good IPA!