Originally Posted by bsay
Case study: Why to always have dry yeast handy as a backup.
Salvage what you can in a starter, delay brewing until the starter is ready if you can.
Looks like I might have to do that as the brewing gods are conspiring against me.
First the yeast. Second part, got mash water from the tap and it's brown with little water pressure. It's a sure indication that the hydrants are being flushed. So, now brewing today.
The next question: how to make a starter with spare DME hanging around. I have a small amount of bottled spring water to make the starter. How do I do it? How long can I sit on it? I don't think I'll be able to get to brewing until a few more days.
Do I have options or should I just chalk it up as a loss and get another pack of yeast (along with some dry) when I'm ready?